T6.1 Horn location and replacement

not sure on 6.1 but on a 6 its roughly behind the drivers foglight
If you want to check you can take out the front screws on the wheelarch liner and bend it back for a peek

This is great. I’ve just been forwarded onto this thread as I need to upgrade the horn. Don’t normally need it but when I do I want a blast not a park. Can you run though the tools needed? Many thanks

Has anyone else done this? Would love more detail how to do this myself :)

EDIT : The horn I purchased is a twin horn and it came with a relay and wiring harness

Last edited:
Hi

looking to swap the horn out to something a bit more beefy in our 2019 shuttle. Does it provide a 12v feed to the terminals ? So in theory I can swap it for any other 12v horn.

I hope you are all enjoying the weather ☀️

Thank you

Hi There...nice close up photo's but I have a couple of questions to access the horn did you remove the bottom section with the holes in it?. If so was that the tools you need and did you have enough room to get in there?... I just noticed there's a panel in from of the front wheel that looks like it comes off. Also I just purchased a Stebel Nautilis horn as the original is crap...was there just positive and Negative wires or did you have to spice the wires to be able to attach the relay?. Hope you can help cheers David

This is great. I’ve just been forwarded onto this thread as I need to upgrade the horn. Don’t normally need it but when I do I want a blast not a park. Can you run though the tools needed? Many thanks
Did you manage to swap the horn over and what model VW fo you have? I've just bought a Stebel Nautilis horn and I'm a bit stumped how to access the original horn also did you have to change the wiring at all ? cheers

Has anyone else done this? Would love more detail how to do this myself :)

EDIT : The horn I purchased is a twin horn and it came with a relay and wiring harness
I just had a look at removing the bottom plastic tray on my 2021 highland multivan I removed what I thought were all the T20 hex screws but it still wouldn't shft...did you get yours off and was there another sneaky screw somewhere?. cheers

I just had a look at removing the bottom plastic tray on my 2021 highland multivan I removed what I thought were all the T20 hex screws but it still wouldn't shft...did you get yours off and was there another sneaky screw somewhere?. cheers
I just ended up going to an auto electrics shop to install it - I'm such a noob with vehicle electrics and didn't wanna screw things up haha

Ok... so I've just swapped the crap horn for a Stebel Nautilus... the 2021 multivan is different from the California to access the original horn turn the wheels full left undo 2 x T25 hex screws along with what looks like a flat button fold the wheel arch cover back and with a13 mm spanner remove horn off bracket.. cut wires and join to new horn along with relay.. here's a great YouTube vid on how to wire it
Watch "How to wire Stebel 11690019 Nautilus Compact Mini Air Horn Black How to Test Instructions motorcycle" on YouTube

Back