Location for 12v and 240v sockets - ideas please

YorkshirePudding

VIP Member
I am planning where to put my power sockets when I fit my new van interior. I am having a fairly standard layout of worktop with units underneath, wardrobe, overhead locker and over sink locker. I am running a fridge, a 12v TV, maybe an electric heater when hooked up, possibly a kettle and have the standard phones / iPads to charge. I am thinking of a 240v socket behind the driver’s seat to plug in the electric heater and a double socket (12 and 240v) at the side of the wardrobe facing the worktop for a kettle and charging electronics. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for any other useful places to fit a socket under the rock n roll bed somewhere or in the rear of the van which they have found useful for them?
I have an awning with lights which can either be 12v or 240 volts and am trying to work out the best place to put a socket to power these...l.
Any suggestions / advice or pictures of your installations would be gratefully received. I want to try and plan this perfectly before fitting the interior.

thank you

I put a couple of 12V sockets in the end panel next to the fridge to power the TV and Nintendo system... The other end of the worktop some 240's for when on hook up and USB sockets for charging.

Passenger kicker plate another 240 for powering anything in the awning when on hook up and saves trailing cables....

I have a total of 4 USB sockets in the back and then when the tailgate flips up another 12V socket easily accessible for plugging 12V stuff in straight out the back of the van...

Always handy having 12V sockets as they are pretty flexible and take lots of different adaptors...

12v/230v behind driver's seat, 230 plus 2xUSB to rhs of hob, 12v/230v at foot of C post for awning/external, 2xUSB high level front as part of pop-top reading light, plus a second one of these at the rear at high level. I have my wifi router plugged into one of the ports on this as it's fed from the leisure batteries. There are also two additional 230v outlets used by the induction hob and the oven/grill/microwave. As Jason says, 12v is probably more use than more 230v, but I'd certainly put a few more USBs in as so much uses them these days and you don't want loads of cables trailing everywhere.

I have gone with a commando socket 'Y' splitter and a separate tent extension lead, so I can run 240v to the awning without any connections inside the van.

We have 2 12V and 4 USBs on the kick plate between the drivers seat and the units. On the units there is a 240V and a 12V. In the rear are a couple of USBs. I would like to change the 240V to a USB.
As has been said in a previous post we use a splitter when on electric hook up so we can run a separate fridge in the drive away awning when we are off site.

I put a couple of 12V sockets in the end panel next to the fridge to power the TV and Nintendo system... The other end of the worktop some 240's for when on hook up and USB sockets for charging.

Passenger kicker plate another 240 for powering anything in the awning when on hook up and saves trailing cables....

I have a total of 4 USB sockets in the back and then when the tailgate flips up another 12V socket easily accessible for plugging 12V stuff in straight out the back of the van...

Always handy having 12V sockets as they are pretty flexible and take lots of different adaptors...
Thank you

I'm just thinking about adding another USB and 240v sockets. Just to give a bit more flexibility. Thought may be near the sliding door?

Hi all just carrying on the theme of location and number of sockets ect
I am about to start the conversion of a t6.1 and looking to install sockets ect
I am using the van with a full Slidepod install at the end so am not fitting any cabinets
I know I need a 12v socket towards the rear for the slidepod so that’s sorted but other items I would like are light switch for the main lights in the roof area . I need to have the night heater controller fitted ?anybody know if there is a recommended place to fit I am installing a leisure battery under the drivers seat
I am then looking to have another two 12v sockets and 2 double usb placed around any pictures or ideas to help would be great
I may also need to have a solar panel control fitted
I was looking at like a toggle switch panel under the passenger seat does this work with a swivel seat ?
Pictures and any advice pls ???

have a look over here for some ideas:

Back