Lithium?

mackmaya

Hi all anyone got a lifos lithium battery set up? If so what are the pro's and con's please? Cheers.

Hi all anyone got a lifos lithium battery set up? If so what are the pro's and con's please? Cheers.

We have an NDS 3Lion LiFePO4 100Ah leisure battery, which decoded is Lithium Ferro Phosphate, together with the NDS 3Link BMS manager.

For us it has worked well, but haven’t ever tested it to it’s limits, with perhaps 50% being the minimum charge the 3Link display has shown.

Upside is ability to support a 1500W inverter and usable capacity. Downside of course is cost.

As Lee says above @Dellmassive info link is mint !
I've got one of these green bad boys

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/231bdcf7/files/uploaded/Lifos 68 V2 - A4 Brochure.pdf

I took a punt and its been in the van from the off !
Honestly despite my best efforts I can not kill it and run it down ! I've plugged everything in it at night charging phones and lap top running a bloody great amp and stereo lights fridge wallas etc etc
got sick of it by 3 am and went to bed woke at 8 am by 9am back to 100% !!!!!!
Now its all got to work together way I see it battery is only going to charge as well as the best solar panel you fit ! I've got 300w photo universe one !

I designed the system as I want to be totally off grid, possibly I've got lucky ? Possibly all the sleepless nights and worry finally paid off as I consider y spark system to be amazing.
Then the weight difference between lead and lithium ! wow ! I carry an extra parachute rig with the weight difference ! lol......
All pro's

Con's
I don't really see any to be fair !
Don't let it get cold ??
Its in the bottom of my wardrobe (Standard ish van inside layout)
I'm a battery box I've insulated with Dodo extreme bottom sides and lid, don't think she get cold if I'm camping cold I'll open wardrobe keep it all warm !

I'm a happy boy anyway
Hope this helps in some way, think I paid £599 for the battery
message me if you need anything else

Brilliant thanks for the information, I'm not going solar just want a decent battery for the odd couple of nights we may not have a hook up, plus the size and weigh are light years apart

I have a Victron Lithium 100Ah Superpack under the passenger seat, packaged in along with a Redarc BCDC1240 DC/DC charger. A Victron 800VA inverter lives under the driver's seat.
I had to raise the seats up to get the battery to fit without touching anything.
5.jpg 1.jpg

Back