Linked Faults

AndyVanT6

Thought this may be of interest as I could not find anything online. I recently hardwired a dashcam/reversing camera in my 2016 T6 and then realised over the next few days that my stop-start and cruise control had stopped working, the airbag warning light came on and the seatbelt warning light didn't work. I checked all fuses were ok and eventually gave in and took it to the local VW Commercial main dealer expecting a big bill. I had a feeling these faults would be linked but was surprised to find out a fuse was missing or had fallen out while I was piggybacking a fuse for the dashcam. I was sure I was careful here but obviously not. Sorry cant tell you which fuse as I didnt find out. They kindly replaced the fuse, checked all else was ok and didnt charge me the £95 investigation fee! Funny thing was they did charge me £1.00 plus vat for the fuse! Is this the smallest ever bill from a main VW dealer? Probably the most expensive fuse but worth every penny.

I did the exact same thing put the airbag fuse below the 7.5 fuse where there should have been a gap the airbag light was on and the cruise control stopped working luckily it worked ok when i put the fuse in the correct position. Ended up fitting the piggy back fuse holder on the heated front seats fuse space for dash cam feed

Back