Lightweight Directors Chair Challenge & Loc8 Table

James1000

T6 Guru
I am looking to fit the Loc8 door table - but having seen the weight at 10Kg which does seem a lot - can anyone confirm? I have set a challenge to find lightweight directors chairs.

Ideally I'd want the van shades door pods but I just don't have the room due to the conversion so these at 1kg are where I have got to so far.

Have to be directors similar so they fold flat and fit in the roof space (hopefully)

Zexum Folding Directors Canvas Garden Chair | Electrical World

I am looking to fit the Loc8 door table - but having seen the weight at 10Kg which does seem a lot - can anyone confirm?

The table itself is about 3.5Kg from memory. Not sure about the whole kit including the panel but would be surprised if it was as much as 10Kg.

You can certainly feel the extra weight in the door when opening and closing though.

The table itself is about 3.5Kg from memory. Not sure about the whole kit including the panel but would be surprised if it was as much as 10Kg.

You can certainly feel the extra weight in the door when opening and closing though.
Agreed, the table is nowhere near 10kg. That must be for the complete kit.

We thought we wanted van shades but were advised by more than one fitter they could rattle annoyingly when the vehicle is in motion.
One chap said he'd pad the inside with felt to stop it......

Simple black out curtains work very well for us and make it very easy for wiping the entire windows down from the inevitable cold weather
early morning moisture during winter camps.

What roof are you fitting that allows for a couple of chairs, it's tight up there with most roofs.

We thought we wanted van shades but were advised by more than one fitter they could rattle annoyingly when the vehicle is in motion.
One chap said he'd pad the inside with felt to stop it......

Simple black out curtains work very well for us and make it very easy for wiping the entire windows down from the inevitable cold weather
early morning moisture during winter camps.

What roof are you fitting that allows for a couple of chairs, it's tight up there with most roofs.
Door pod is a different product.

I have a door pod and it's excellent, even if the instructions are 100% insane to follow. Literally, how can instructions for something so simple be so bad..... Mind boggles.

In any case, the product itself is excellent and the chairs are good quality.

they could rattle annoyingly

The Loc8 has elasticated bands in the rear panel recesses to stop any rattles from the table legs. The table is held in very firmly particularly if you line the panel.

The Loc8 has elasticated bands in the rear panel recesses to stop any rattles from the table legs. The table is held in very firmly particularly if you line the panel.
If you carpet the panel you do need to be careful of the table scraping on the door though. My carpeted panel scrapes (MVM 4 way stretch), not hugely but with time it would go through the paint for sure.

Mine if off the door atm to resolve this issue - Possibly just a little more heatgunning & stretching of the carpet to allow the table to "sink" down a little more - I hope.

Can you explain? o_O The table is in the door? No issues with mine.
When the slider slides (ie you open the door), on mine there is very little clearance from the door surface to the van wheel arch. Mine actually rubs a little at the extreme of the door's run.

Like I said, perhaps its just my carpet being too tight still which is pushing the table surface into a more raised position - dont know.

When the slider slides (ie you open the door), on mine there is very little clearance from the door surface to the van wheel arch. Mine actually rubs a little at the extreme of the door's run.

Like I said, perhaps its just my carpet being too tight still which is pushing the table surface into a more raised position - dont know.
Something’s not right there, you should have 10-15mm clearance between the door card & wheel arch. Has the kit been fitted properly?

Something’s not right there, you should have 10-15mm clearance between the door card & wheel arch. Has the kit been fitted properly?
Dont see how it can be wrong, hidden clips pushed into the panel then glued to secure inplace before attached to the van (via all normal holes).

perhaps its just my carpet being too tight still which is pushing the table surface into a more raised position

You are talking about a Loc8 table and storage panel? The Loc8 table is held behind moulded tabs that you first lift the table up into the top and then drop into the lower recess. It's not possible for the table to project out further than a standard door card.

As @Salty Spuds mentioned, the table is a tight fit at first if you carpet the panel but it does not change the position of the table because of the retaining tabs that are moulded into the Loc8 storage door card.

You are talking about a Loc8 table and storage panel? The Loc8 table is held behind moulded tabs that you first lift the table up into the top and then drop into the lower recess. It's not possible for the table to project out further than a standard door card.

As @Salty Spuds mentioned, the table is a tight fit at first if you carpet the panel but it does not change the position of the table because of the retaining tabs that are moulded into the Loc8 storage door card.
Yes, its a Loc8 table. It IS possible for it to stick out further than standard, its happening on my T6 right now.

I've got a Loc8 table
Trimmed the plastic too
door slides open no where near the arch !

5A335E33-C499-45FB-B8C1-E178C9A31F37.jpeg 1A63B731-E98E-4B68-85EC-39145D444555.jpeg
agree, but what!
Check the door running gear. After my conversion, I noticed the side door had “sagged” on its gear & the runner was rubbing the bodywork (see photos). According to the dealer (& this could be usual dealer waffle) the doors are adjusted in the factory, if aftermarket modifications are made e.g. fitting 10kg of Loc8 kit, the doors need re-adjusting. They tried to adjust the sag out of mine, but ended up replacing the running gear, under warranty.
The highlighted photo in red is where the runner actually rubbed the paint off. The yellow is what you should have clearance wise between runner & body.

View attachment 45645 View attachment 45646
Check the door running gear. After my conversion, I noticed the side door had “sagged” on its gear & the runner was rubbing the bodywork (see photos). According to the dealer (& this could be usual dealer waffle) the doors are adjusted in the factory, if aftermarket modifications are made e.g. fitting 10kg of Loc8 kit, the doors need re-adjusting. They tried to adjust the sag out of mine, but ended up replacing the running gear, under warranty.
The highlighted photo in red is where the runner actually rubbed the paint off. The yellow is what you should have clearance wise between runner & body.
Interesting. Thanks, ill check this.

Back