Lightest 19 wheel for T5/T6

Mars2

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I'm searching for a new set of wheel for my T6 TSI.
Don't want to loose power in a heavy set of wheel so looking for a set of light wheel. something under 22 Lb

My Summer tire are on a set of OZ Ultraleggera 19x8.5 @ 9.3Kg (20.3Lb) with 255/40X19 Kumho PS91 weight 20.4 kg ( my oem steel with 235/55x17 weight 24Kg)

I would like to try something different than OZ ultraleggera for winter wheel as I have those for already 15 year. they were first on my Supercharged T5 V6 and now on my Stage 3 T6 TSI.

I found those interesting
- 2forge ZF2 19 x8.5 at 9.8 kg (21,6 Lb) a bit heavy
- ATS superlight 19X8.5 at 8.3kg (18.3Lb) not the most beautiful but super light!

Some of you know any good light weight wheel in 19 that fit T5/T6?

Real Forged wheel are out of budget as they are close to 1500Euro per wheel like superforgiata from OZ
Can only afford hybrid forged, flow forged... What ever they market that techonolgy

I can't help with your search but... lightweight usually means not as strong... and I guess there really isn't a huge market for alloys that aren't load rated for vans...

Good brand with light weight wheel can be stronger than bad brand with heavy wheel
and from stronger to weak Fully forged > Hybrid Forged / flow Forged > Cast aluminium

I use OZ Ultraleggera for BMW they don't have those for T5/T6 Load rating. They have been strong for 15 year almost 300.000km
I drive pretty agressive with the two van's they were on, both van are around 400BHP.
Rally style driving, I never slow down on speed bump and in winter on mountain road it's full of pothole.
Sometime on snow I miss a drift turn and go hit the hard side of road.
So I think the OZ Ultraleggerra has proved to be very strong with all that they've been through.
So maybe I should by an other set of OZ Ultraleggera's

I have bend or cracked many wheel on my other car's. The last one where Porsche wheel on My Audi RS2
total destroyed after I hit hard side of the road drifting at good speed.

But I agree with you that market for weight wheel on Van's is very limited.
many don't understand that 1 pound save on wheel is 1BHP more to the tarmac
SO with a good set of wheel you can easy get 20BHP more to the ground.
WHP ( BHP to the ground) is what make the van move not engine BHP

Back