Lift 109

slocumjoseph

The Ancient Mariner
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I did the Battersea Chimney Lift last Friday. Too much money for our "forty five minute experience" as it was ten minutes in a static exhibition, ten minutes in an "immersive" but pointless light show, then a ten minute wait while the lift came back down with the previous group. Although the actual ride to the top is interesting as the lift is glass and the view is suddenly revealed. The "Oohs" as it pops out of the top are priceless. It's certainly a great view and luckily I’d picked good weather. Lucky, also, I’d been forewarned by one of the assistants it's only eight minutes up there so I worked quickly and got most of what I wanted but any photographer taking their time to get creative could be disappointed. It was a great experience though and I’m glad I did it. MicksPics

Nice to be getting back to normal again after the accident. My first proper proper trip was @RedUns gathering. It was not only good meeting a lot of forum faces but the journey up there helped me restore my driving confidence. Since then I’ve done a couple of cyclo cross events, the Lord Mayors show and been up a chimney. What next? Rock climbing. Bungy jumping…think I’ll just go down the pub.

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back