Leveling blocks

chrisw

Does anyone bother with the yellow leveling wedges or have something else they use when staying on a sloping site? Or maybe you just move around until you make it level.
Asking as they might be ok for a caravan but very large to take in a T6

Wedges are good for festivals; it would seem a good idea to put campervans in a flat field but I have ended up in festival fields where the sheep would struggle to stand up!
Just finished 6 weeks in Europe and only needed to use them once, in hindsight I would have left them at home and used the storage space for other items.
Thules ones seem to have the most lift but they are huge.

I bought the yellow ones and never use them because they take up too much room in the van,I managed fine for a month in Europe without them.

I use the long grey stepped ones, whatever make they are. Permamently fixed to the inside of my tailgate along with gripmats and a telescopic spade.

Got a set of grey Fiamma ones. You can get a bag for them which makes it a bit easier to store them in the van.
They work well when I can get them under the van , however I have had occasions where getting them under the van has been impossible due to lumpy bumpy landscape and running B14 suspension on a very low setting with sidebars and a front splitter!

Well I wasn't sure if we needed these after reading many forum posts and had decided we'd do without. However last weekend was our first night away and while we were on a hard standing (gravel) pitch there was a little slope. Didn't think much of it until we cooked sausages in the morning with the oil all to one side of the pan ;) Now on my ever growing shopping list.

Well I wasn't sure if we needed these after reading many forum posts and had decided we'd do without. However last weekend was our first night away and while we were on a hard standing (gravel) pitch there was a little slope. Didn't think much of it until we cooked sausages in the morning with the oil all to one side of the pan ;) Now on my ever growing shopping list.
Two years in and never needed them. If staying at a site we normally tell them we don't carry levels most of the sites understand and guide us to other options. Mostly free camp now so can chose are area.

I often see people pitch up and not bother levelling. I wish I could be like that, because it takes me ages to get perfectly level, and if I don't, I cannot sleep and feel sick if I'm leaning too much when in bed.

can you elaborate? air suspension? wish there was electromagnetic suspension like the Bose ones, where you could adjust the suspension height of each wheel independently from a button

can you elaborate? air suspension?

Yes VB Airsuspension. We have VB-FullAir 4C including the self-levelling option. So long as the suspension variation across the 4 corners will cope with the slope it will provide a level van. It is not as fancy as some air systems but is as close to VW approved as you will get.

Full Air Suspension: VB-FullAir 4C: Volkswagen » VB-Airsuspension

There doesn't need to be a button for each corner because the suspension system levels automatically without the need for user input.

Back