Let's see your cable routes ..

marksmithuk

T6 Pro
I've drawn out about 10 different ways to route cables from my leisure battery under the drivers seat to my electrical cupboard at the back of my van. This is the route I'm planning on taking but thought I'd look to see what you've all gone for and see if anyone has any other suggestions ?

The thick green line is my 240v artic and my 12v cable from the battery. Its also where I'm routing my cables for my fridge, sockets behind drivers seat etc. The green "square" is my fuse boards and the blue "square" is my switch panel.

What do you guys think?

20200516_125604.jpg

I've done pretty much the same route as you, but I put my consumer unit under the passenger seat, and the 12v distribution box behind the passenger panel. Loads of room to run cables through those routes though, and a decent earthing point at the back.

Hi,

I'm struggling a bit for room, so far I drilled a 20mm hole and fed the 240v feed with the rear speaker cable, then ran a 20mm conduit into the seat belt cavity and fed 4 x 2.4mm2 feed. I still need to run a further 2x 2.5mm2 cable runs and figure out the route for the solar panel (4mm2) back to the mppt. The MPPT is under the driver seat along with the CU and fuse box. ALso as I had my pop top done before running the electrics the channel along the roof is boxed in and I am trying to avoid drilling all the rivets out! Can I drill a further hole beneath the belt on the right to get the solar -/+ and the 2 cables for 12v and usb at the rear? Any thoughts welcome
IMG_3246.JPG

Why drill it at all, there is plenty of room behind the plastic trim

I know but as I cant run the conduit up the b piller and through the roof I am limited to going through the opening shown without interfering with the seat belt. I'll have another look though, thanks

I ran my speaker cables up the A pillar and along the roof and only had the EHU, 2x 2.5mm and 1x 6mm cable to the fuse box in mine. I fitted it in split conduit where you have yours, it was a tight fit but worked.

Any suggestions on the best route for 2x35mm2 cables between drivers seat and front of my Ovano much appreciated…
58571F31-3C6E-4545-A75A-3BEF8B23C9F4.jpeg

I haven’t even thought of going below… doh!
Thanks I’ll have a look at that option tomorrow… especially as it seems I’m gonna need a pair 16mm2 on the same route too!

I haven’t even thought of going below… doh!
Thanks I’ll have a look at that option tomorrow… especially as it seems I’m gonna need a pair 16mm2 on the same route too!
There’s an easy path from that grommet into the void under the plastic underbody covers. I’ve got my live from my leisure battery routed there and it comes back in through a hole drilled back into the van. My control cable for the diesel heater, 240v EHU cable, and also the cable from Victron battery charger to leisure battery all go out from under the seat through that grommet.

my issue is the rather small gaps between the seat base sides and this battery, I’m thinking of cutting the bottom flange of the seat base back a few mm as well as raising the rear of the battery to give space underneath for the cables…
Just about to get underneath & take some plastic covers off…
3861D980-D167-4C40-9BE6-6036946EED7D.jpeg

@Rids is there enough space above the battery to lift it slightly? You could put a couple of strips of aluminium or plywood across the seat base and sit the battery on them. That’s what I’ve done with mine.

Yeah, I already had it lifted a bit at the rear & have now made this to lift it more, not much scope to lift at the font…

BE0F6251-5B26-4D4B-ABF1-FC72C4E7E6F8.jpeg

It’s a busy busy with air ride pipes & wiring down there but can get the cables in too…
612E790D-87C1-456A-A8F2-D37244BE1B84.jpeg

Back