Leisure Battery

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by DPDP, 14 Jul 2019.

1. DPDP

DPDP Member

Map
    Looking to connect an extra battery....in-line so I have longer time before I have to get battery charged while wild camping. See attached pics this is the one in the van at the moment but dont recognise the brand....any ideas? I the 85 AH version. Is it correct I have to have the same brand and power to connect them in-line?

20190713_155346.jpg

2. Deaky

Deaky On yer bike VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    It is recommended that both batteries are the same type, age and capacity

3. DPDP

DPDP Member

Map
    Thanks Deaky.

4. Bobbych

Bobbych New Member

I'm no Battery expert but I can do a good Google Search, An image search of that battery returned no results. I would question the quality of the battery. Adding a different battery to this one will probably give a poor performance. As Deaky says both batteries should be the same type and capacity to get the best performance. or just go for 1 higher capacity battery.

5. DPDP

DPDP Member

Map
    Thanks Bobbych for your help I couldn't find it either. Will probably go down the route of a larger battery.

6. PlanB

PlanB New Member

I have seen many a wild camper lugging a 70ah leisure battery up the mountain to keep the fridge & heater going all night.

7. DPDP

DPDP Member

Map