Leisure battery vs standard battery

Buzby

Quick question, I have checked the existing battery in my camper and it looks like a standard battery and not a leisure battery. I have added another battery to it for extra life, should these be vented or can standard batteries be sealed and therefore no vent req?
(Camper king conversion and the existing battery is what was fitted by them as far as I am aware).

@Buzby - I have two Yuasa EFB leisure batteries fitted under driver and passenger seat respectively... These batteries have a battery vent tube connected,

If the battery has a vent connection it's there for a reason as it means the battery can generate toxic gas... so connect it to a vent tube and direct it to the outside... this will prevent potential toxic gas venting into the habitation area.

If your leisure battery has no vent connection then it is considered sealed and should not require additional venting.

Hi, quick question please. Is anybody familiar with the Yuasa leisure batteries. I'm told my van will be fitted with a Yuasa 110ah battery so I've been researching it. I can only find a 100ah or 115ah. Also, is this likely to be an AGM battery in which case it will be vented to the exterior.

Back