Leisure Battery Location And Towbar Electrics

Sim60

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just got my shiny silver T6 and trying to work out my plan for conversion.
I was intending to put leisure battery + DC-DC and fuse box all under the drivers seat, but having taken a quick peak, I've got what looks like the towbar electrics module under there ( + fuses under passengers side)
What has anyone else done? - Just worked around this?

Simon

Assuming you have twin single seats and not a 2+1?

My battery DC-DC and fusebox is planned to go under the passenger seat but its pretty tight.
I have dismantled the VW attachment frames leaving the towbar fuses and other connectors loose so that I can move them out of the way and probably will tyrap them up.
To get my TN100 battery in on its side I will be grinding some of the support brackets and some metal on the seat base.
I need to have the seat swivel fitted on top with room for the heated seats wiring which will need extending a little to go round the battery.
The looms under there are pretty think but should go under the battery OK.

On the drivers side its very common to bring up the heater duct or put the heater itself under there.

I'm currenty 2+1 , but my longer term plan was to change to twin singles and put EHU under the bonnet with consumer unit and trickle charger under passenger seat. I was thinking of Wallas diesel cooker as heater. - But it could all change atm - too much choice

I'm currenty 2+1 , but my longer term plan was to change to twin singles and put EHU under the bonnet with consumer unit and trickle charger under passenger seat. I was thinking of Wallas diesel cooker as heater. - But it could all change atm - too much choice

I reckon you can just about squeeze in a battery, DC-DC (providing it’s not a Ring or other massive type) and 12-way fusebox..
Someone on here is looking to fit their EHU and Consumer Unit under the bonnet, so that’ll save some room. But if you’re going for the Wallas, you can spread your electrics out (unless you’re going for an underseat sub).

What year is your van (I ask as the early EU5 vans have no AdBlue tank, which frees up space under the chassis should you decide to mount either your battery or a diesel/LPG heater there).

Welcome to the forum. Check out Team Silver when you’ve got some photos ready :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, I figured out how to activate the towbar in the computer. Have to look it up again but can post what I activated later on... ;-)

Just got my shiny silver T6 and trying to work out my plan for conversion.
I was intending to put leisure battery + DC-DC and fuse box all under the drivers seat, but having taken a quick peak, I've got what looks like the towbar electrics module under there ( + fuses under passengers side)
What has anyone else done? - Just worked around this?

Simon
There is room under there. I have a leisure battery, redarc dc-dc and 2 fuseboxes under the drivers seat.

Back