Leisure battery lighting whilst driving

Buzby

I have just purchased a Camper King 2017 and was wondering if anyone knows how to modify the control system so that I can turn on the internal lighting in the rear whilst driving?
It appears to have an interlock that prevents the lighting being turned on whilst driving.

I had a similar issue with my Bilbo and Sargent Control box. It is a design ‘feature’ supposedly to comply with some regs and as well as disabling the interior lights it changes the fridge setting if it is a 3 way fridge, which I very much doubt yours is as guess it will be a compressor type, and it turns on the split relay again which you won’t want assuming you have a battery to battery charger.
So you need to find the ‘run’ wire which tells your control box the engine is running and disconnect it.
On mine I opened the fuse box by the glovebox and on the middle row was a piggyback fuse, I removed this and fortunately this was indeed the signal lead so mine now no longer disables the interior lights etc.
Hope this makes sense and I hope this action does break some regs.

Ok, thanks :thumbsup: I will take a look and see.
I might put in 2 reading lights off the main system for anyone sitting in the back at night whilst driving.

Back