Leisure battery charging - what voltage means it’s full?

Molldog

T6 Guru
Checked the leisure battery earlier today via the usb sockets. They were reading 11.9v.
Thought it wise to hook up and put some charge into the leisure battery. It's been on for the best part of the day and now reads 12.9v.

Maybe a daft question, but when is there enough juice in the battery so I can switch it off? Would it be wise to leave on charge overnight or could overcharging damage it?

Last edited:
Checked the leisure battery earlier today via the usb sockets. They were reading 11.9v.
Thought it wise to hook up and put some charge into the leisure battery. It's been on for the best part of the day and now reads 13.4v.

Maybe a daft question, but when is there enough juice in the battery so I can switch it off? Would it be wise to leave on charge overnight or could overcharging damage it?
If you have a smart charger then it will do no harm to keep your battery on charge.

Depends on the charger....

What charger have you got?

Post a few pics ....

Hi All
I got my new van on Sat. I had intended putting in swivel seats from transporter hq but the factory leisure battery is under the bench seat. THQ suggested possibly the under the drivers seat and there is more room as the seat bolts in higher but its still a few inches short. Any suggestions for a way around it.

Thanks Guys

Depends on the charger....

What charger have you got?

Post a few pics ....

Just plugged in the EHU. Just seems a simpler way of charging.
I do have a smart charger due to an unfortunate flat battery incident with car some time ago. Just thought it would be simpler plugging in the EHU

Hi All
I got my new van on Sat. I had intended putting in swivel seats from transporter hq but the factory leisure battery is under the bench seat. THQ suggested possibly the under the drivers seat and there is more room as the seat bolts in higher but its still a few inches short. Any suggestions for a way around it.

Thanks Guys
I don’t have the driver swivel, but I did have the factory battery under the twin bench.
It’s charged by split charger so needs to be rewired with a dc-dc charger. Luckily travelvolts does a plug and play loom to connect the factory wiring straight to the dc-dc.
I put a new leisure battery under the driver’s seat. That way you can choose a battery that fits your space limitations.
Also, the factory battery under my double was just another Moll starter battery so no good for Campervan leisure use anyway.

Back