Leisure battery advice please

Jim Rey

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My Alpha 110aH AGM low profile is not holding much charge now and flattens very quickly using low current draw equipment e.g caravan TV.
Probably my own fault as a couple of times it completely discharged.
To buy the same battery it is now £159.99

I was browsing as came across Lion Calcium-Calcium Lion Leisure Battery 100Ah Low Box for £90. Are these OK to use in T6 campervan (re charging in small space of campervan) and will they work with a CTEK250SA solar charge controller/DC-DC charger?

Thank for any help anyone can give.

Its another type of lead acid but it requires a high charge voltage 16.1 to 16.5v. I don't think your CTEK will charge this.

Its another type of lead acid but it requires a high charge voltage 16.1 to 16.5v. I don't think your CTEK will charge this.
Thanks for that info. Glad I asked now. Might need to just buy the same Alpha extreme battery again then

Just had a look at CTEK site. D250SA. . They are saying it will charge Calcium-Calcium. Looking at data via Google The ideal charging voltage for a calcium battery is 14.8V for the recombination process to properly occur. CTEK are saying output of 250SA is 14.4/14.7 V, 20 A.

You're probably more expert and have a wealth past experience so it might have to be another Alpha extreme AGM or I might end up wasting £90

I had a quick Google and came up with a charge voltage of 16.1-16.5. Just goes to show you should never trust anything you read on the internet :D

I had a quick Google and came up with a charge voltage of 16.1-16.5. Just goes to show you should never trust anything you read on the internet :D
you're correct. ... " Calcium battery>>>. If your charger is capable of delivering a maximum voltage of 14.8 V, and then the electronics are disconnected, then the battery will fill up by only 45 to 50 percent, if there is a 15.5 V limit, then 70 to 80..

Can you recommend a cheaper lead acid battery (low profile) that would be able to be charged by the CTEK250SA?

Back