Leightons LV-2 - Alloy condition question?

BlayneKinley

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Afternoon all,

I haven't emailed Leightons yet as I was after a little bit of advice from people that will know more about this subject than myself.

I have purchased a brand new set of Leighton LV-2 alloy wheels in gunmetal grey with polished faces which I am over the moon with. When unpackaging the wheels I have noticed a mark which I am happy to live with but on reflection I am quizzing if this is early stages of 'worming' on the polished faces and if I should enquire about a replacement alloy as I would like to avoid this getting worse further down the line.

The wheels will be receiving a Gtechniq C5 wheel armour coating when it arrives but does this help avoid worming as well as preventing it from getting worse? Unsure if I can leave this alloy as is or if it should be replaced due to early signs of 'worming'?

For reference the alloys are 4 weeks old now and have only travelled 30 miles - this image was taken on the day I unpackaged them on arrival.

May thanks for any advice on the subject.

Leighton Alloy.jpg

I would speak to LV and get an exchange. Wheels cost a lot and anything other than perfect won’t do. You work hard for your money

Afternoon all,

I haven't emailed Leightons yet as I was after a little bit of advice from people that will know more about this subject than myself.

I have purchased a brand new set of Leighton LV-2 alloy wheels in gunmetal grey with polished faces which I am over the moon with. When unpackaging the wheels I have noticed a mark which I am happy to live with but on reflection I am quizzing if this is early stages of 'worming' on the polished faces and if I should enquire about a replacement alloy as I would like to avoid this getting worse further down the line.

The wheels will be receiving a Gtechniq C5 wheel armour coating when it arrives but does this help avoid worming as well as preventing it from getting worse? Unsure if I can leave this alloy as is or if it should be replaced due to early signs of 'worming'?

For reference the alloys are 4 weeks old now and have only travelled 30 miles - this image was taken on the day I unpackaged them on arrival.

May thanks for any advice on the subject.

View attachment 151872
That looks like the lacquer is scratched and if it is, then as soon as winter salty water hits it, it will lead to worming very quickly.
As a "get out of jail card" Leighton may suggest the wheel face was caught with a socket when fitting on to the hub. :cry:
Certainly worth an email to them though - you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain...

As good looking as they are new, I don't think I've ever seen a set of polished faced rims last more than a couple of UK winters without some worming.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments guys.

I’ve dropped Leighton's an email, this alloy is the worst but 3 of 4 are marked. All around the centre caps so possibly when the centre caps were installed at Leighton's they’ve been marked.

I can definitely hand on heart say a socket was well clear of the wheels upon fitting, ensuring an extension was used to keep well clear of marks, but that is a fair point.

Get LV to collect them and send a fresh set out with no damage.
This type of thing really annoys me why company’s think they can get away with sending out parts that are less than 100% perfect consider they are sold as brand new.
It would be a little different if they were to make you aware of the damage and at least offer them to you at a reduced price.

Back