Review: Leighton Vans

@DaveF Wow .... :eek: Six month waiting list for your T6, then plus another 5 months. Longest I've heard of anywhere is 3 months. We all like a T6 but they aren't McLaren's or SVO Autobiog's!! Something very strange going on there.

My experience of Leighton is that they will bend over backwards to secure clients at their price point. They are a huge customer of VW (UK). They have 100+ of the highest end new vans in stock at any given time (I've seen them, it looks like more). So, if they don't already have what you want, I just can't see VW messing Leighton around when a customer places a custom spec order.

Shame you had such an odd experience because their after-sales is outstanding as well IMO ........... and by my own admission, I'm OCD about my cars :D

To be honest I was really disappointed by them at the end - they just couldn't come up with a solution. The real shame was that I really wanted a Leighton van too!!

I wanted a Leighton Van, went and spoke to Mt Leighton himself at their old premises and TBF he did come up with a number of options to help me, even letting me rent a van for 1 year at a lower cost and then buy it as second hand so it fitted my monthly budget, so on that side they were great and very accommodating.

But when it came to me saying yes lets do it they went quiet on me and no replies to emails or returned calls. I waited quite a few weeks and in the end I got bored of waiting and sourced one from Swiss Vans who found me the van I wanted in stock and it was delivered to my house within 2 weeks for the same cost quoted as Leighton Vans.

I think they are a victim of their own success and people want a van from them all modded out and ready to roll but you pay for that and the skill to do it. I would go back to them when I look for a new van but I expect the same customer service if I am sending £30k or £50k after all I am a customer.

I purchased my T6 from Leighton and it was a good experience, no issues, however this was done by a visit to the site and not over the phone. The finance did take a while to sort out, however I don't think that is a Leighton issue more down to the finance broker.
I have had a number of upgrades done by Leighton which where arranged through their website contact page and over the phone which I have had no issues with.

Great company to deal with.

I done some damage to the roof bars I had bought from Leighton when fitting an awning rail. Few emails back and forth with the very helpful Paige, who managed to put her hands on some replacement parts for me. I was happy to pay, but was told that on this occasion there was no charge! Replacement parts arrived in the post to me next day.
What more can you say - first class service, from a company who definitely went above and beyond where they needed to. Couldn’t recommend more.

• Love
Reactions: JOG
Same I’ve ordered loads of stuff from these guys and sometimes it has arrived the next day
superb service never had an issue with any of my items
shame all suppliers can’t be like these guys

Their t5.1 facelift kits were terrible and badly painted. Work colleague had a Leighton van, they fitted the wrong wheels and tyres XD

Back