Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
I feel it's about time I gave my VW dealer a good review.

My sales chap Steve was, and still is a great guy, and very good at his job.
I had no intention of replacing my previous Vivaro, because it was only 2 years into a finance deal though my business, but Steve was given the outstanding balance, the amount I wanted to pay as a deposit, and what my business would pay a month, and to be fair it was a big ask, but with a little toing and froing, and some extra incentives from VW, Steve finally got to where we were both very happy.
The van arrived exactly on time, and everything was exactly as I wanted. I've had no issues with my van yet, and currently it's showing 8000 miles since new in October 2017. So I haven't had the pleasure of the service department, but I got the first 3 services thrown in with my deal anyway, so as they are free, I don't foresee any major complaints.

I have however had to go back to Parkway because for some reason the towing eye cover on my Sportline splitter had vanished, and this isn't the same as the standard Highline bumper towing eye cover.

Parkway don't actually have a parts dept, and this is done through TPS VW parts in Leicester, who couldn't supply me with the cover I need, because they explained that anything Sportline, cannot be sold to the general public, and had to go through your supplying dealer. So I shot back over to Parkway, and spoke to my man, who walked me over to the service desk and explained the situation.
The lovely young lady proceeded to order me, not 1, but 2 towing eye covers, and have them painted in my Black, all for free!! So again, another huge thumbs up to Parkway Leicester.

I know not everyone's had great experiences of their main dealers, but I for one would travel to the right place knowing i'd get looked after from start to finish, and after! So I highly recommend Parkway for those in the Midlands and further afield.

Good to know - only time I have been there was a couple of years ago hoping to look at a Cali but after driving in and having to do a couple of laps through the car park etc. I gave up as there was nowhere to park. Probably just a busy day.

Good to know - only time I have been there was a couple of years ago hoping to look at a Cali but after driving in and having to do a couple of laps through the car park etc. I gave up as there was nowhere to park. Probably just a busy day.

Sadly their parking is a little difficult at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just collected my van after it's 3rd service, and yet again Parkway were absolutely spot on. They were happy to walk round and inspect the van beforehand, and confirm no damage, dents, scratches or kerbed wheels. Then let me fully inspect the van during collection whilst they stood with me.
Ok, not every commercial owner will be as fussy as me, but it's nice to know they listened to everything I said. (including not washing it)

Also, they sent out the bodyshop managers to chat to me about the rust spots that were found. They didn't fob me off, and explained that they've seen this loads of times, and it's fast becoming a big issue for VW. No unrealistic promises, but they were happy to fight this with VW on my behalf, but what surprised me most, was they underestood I use my own bodyshop for paint, and said in this circumstance, they'd look to VW to contribute towards any costs to fix this issue.

Lastly, jumped into the van to find an extra 1lt bottle of Castrol Edge, and a 1lt bottle of genuine VW screen wash :thumbsup:

Overall 10 out of 10 for Parkway VW Leicester yet again.

Can’t fault parkway at all.

Matt was very helpful and under stood what we wanted and sorted out any niggles we had with the vans paint work (mirrors and wheels) He Even treated the little one to some VW camper fridge magnets for “his” new camper

Great service

Out of interest, where do these rust spots tend to appear? I’m interested because our van’s warranty runs out later this year and I’d rather find them before than after!

Out of interest, where do these rust spots tend to appear? I’m interested because our van’s warranty runs out later this year and I’d rather find them before than after!

We are actually talking about this very issue as we type Paint Blisters

The blisters are not hard to find, but I have several on both sliding doors, and a few other locations on the lower sides.

So I had a loud pitched squeal when the van was warm.

We diagnosed it at Rutland a fan belt issue and it’s taken 3 weeks to get an appoint

Took it in to Listers of coventry cos I’m not happy with Leicester parkway.

Also due an oil change. They sent me a vid of the van state whilst I was sitting in the service area. FFS.

Fan Belt Tensioner jammed . Needs changing.

Crankcase oil leak . Diagnose and replace seals.

Split DPF hose causing the gushing sound I’ve been hearing and told Leicester parkway about in May but they couldn’t find anything.

Which justifies me dumping Parkway especially when they failed to log the last service but I have an invoice so all good.

All under warranty . But a May 2017 van. Not a good advertisement.

Rear brake shoes low 35k miles.

So about £500 notes from the wallet for oil & shoes

In for 2-3 days but they gave me a courtesy car but no pets allowed inside - Ed said poke it

Fair bit of work to be done there then @Mick

(that crankcase seal is no easy job . . . . . . )

I’ve had an issue with tyre sizes on my ABT’s .... bought the van recently from Parkway Leicester and it’s got 102’s and they are adamant they are correct load rating!

I’ve had an issue with tyre sizes on my ABT’s .... bought the van recently from Parkway Leicester and it’s got 102’s and they are adamant they are correct load rating!
My T6 is also from Parkway Leicester, and they've been fantastic throughout my 2 years of ownership, but you should have 103 rated tyres if it's a T32.

From what I read on here and other places, dealers don't seem to know or understand load ratings at all. I've seen under rated wheels and tyres sold by many dealers as suitable for all Transporters, which begs the question what happens at MOT time, and how important is this rating debacle if a main dealer can officially supply a vehicle with under rated wheels and tyres. Not that I advocate the practice, but it does only seem to be VW commercials that it's debated about in so many threads, and rarely do you see the show vehicles running the correct wheels or tyres.

Saying that, i'd still let Parkway know and ask them if they are sure 102's are correct for a T32, if they will supply you with a legal document to confirm this to your insurance company, VOSA, and the traffic plods that do actually understand the differences.

Reactions: DWS
I’ve dealt with Adam there and they are adamant they are fine. But the sticker on the inside of the door states 102/104. They stuck some real shite tyres in the front and this is where it started plus reading a post on here about another guy arguing with VW about incorrect tyres. I’m still in talks with them currently.

I’ve dealt with Adam there and they are adamant they are fine. But the sticker on the inside of the door states 102/104. They stuck some real shite tyres in the front and this is where it started plus reading a post on here about another guy arguing with VW about incorrect tyres. I’m still in talks with them currently.

Adam is a top bloke. My mate got his Red Edition T6 off him, and they are now chums. I suspect his hands are only guided from above.

Reactions: DWS
Yeah I’ve no issues with him, I had to trust him with the van coming from Kent for this he took it off sale without me paying a deposit too so yeah I agree he’s a top bloke too! To be honest if I’m looking at some banded steels for winter I’m not too bothered but I just don’t want any issues for the “now time” as it is being used and for carrying heavy stuff! Had all my tools and about 300 kg of scrap in it the other day!
The other thing I want to check is what suspension it’s got, need to get under and have a look as it’s defiantly lowered!

So my T6.1 had the recall for the Bowden cable door lock which I booked in for today and at the same time I asked for the software update on the infotainment system so my android auto would work with Spotify ect.
Dropped off at 9am this morning and pick up at 15:30 and being told that no software update was required?? Told them that my van (may 2020) was on Version 0740 and the new on was 0743 the service representative checked with the technician and suddenly yes it does need the update but it will to long to sort today as it needs putting onto an SD card and then updating......FFS .
At this point I'm not happy so book it back in for the next available date (mid Feb) but it doesn't end there!
Get into the van and start it and there it is ..... The yellow warning triangle saying no SOS available which I've not ever seen before.
Back into the service center and after a quick chat with the advisor and she had a chat with the "technician" apparently that also needs a software update on my next visit in Feb ....wtf.
Wish I’d not bothered.

Think I'll be calling the dealership Monday.
Think I'll name and shame.....
Parkway Leicester.

If you knew your van had an outstanding update, with regards to software version.. why didn't you tell them when you booked it in, or dropped it off in the morning?
The sos warning could have happened at any point, so hardly caused by the dealer. Just bad timing, if nothing else!

Granted, its not the best with missing it needed an update, but they're only human? Surely..

He did drop it off in the morning and he did ask for the s/w update! They just couldn’t be faffed with the whole SD card bobbins!

He did drop it off in the morning and he did ask for the s/w update! They just couldn’t be faffed with the whole SD card bobbins!
OK, but specifically telling them you know the version numbers of the update may have got somewhere.

I may be wrong, but the way I'm reading Steve's post, he'd advised them in advance that he'd like the software update. If I'm correct then I'd be pretty miffed if I was then told I'd got to drive round for a couple of months before they extract their digit!

Back