LED tail-lamp retrofit - what’s this extra loom?

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
Just had my bargain rear T6 LED lights delivered and Mrs has unpacked and sent me the photos.....
Can anyone see what's going on with the wiring from these ? Looks like the loom has been cut which is fine but don't know what the blue and red wires are for?

I'll be getting some wiring from @Pauly for the dual reverse and fog light function.

Screenshot_20220901-102427_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20220901-102505_WhatsApp.jpg

Also, from what I understand the rear lights are LEDs but the brake, reverse and fogs are normal halogen bulbs. Can any recommend led bulbs to replace ? My bulb monitoring is already off on the dash so not bothered about errors.

It looks like they’ve left you with part of the van loom for the lights, so you won’t need the plugs (you can de-pin your connector plug and insert cables in to this one, the connectors being different shapes).

Not sure about the extra cables without having a close-up. First thought was wiring for a resistor (for LED indicators) but I can’t see a resistor

the brake, reverse and fogs
The brake and fog is LED and non-serviceable, but halogen reverse and indicator.

Back