LED strip lights; which and where from?

Andymc

T6 Pro
Looking at LED strip lights for the van rear. They will be working off the leisure battery, looking at some short runs in shelves and around the roof area.
What do I need, strip leds, 1 into 4 splitter, power supply unit, controller. What else?
Also there are so many suppliers on eBay who have people used in the past? UK based or from China?
Loads of questions, I want to get it right first time!

Last edited:
When you talk about strip lights do you mean something like these?

Do you just want white? Or lights that will display Red, green or blue, to give a variety of cloours, but just one colour at a time? Or lights that will have millions of different clour effects?

RGBWW single colour, I have several short runs so probably 5m is more than enough, just need them all over the place and not sure how to connect them all up? Via one PSU and split was my initial thought..

RGBWW single colour, I have several short runs so probably 5m is more than enough, just need them all over the place and not sure how to connect them all up? Via one PSU and split was my initial thought..
If you want them doing the same thing, ie all displaying the same colour, then you need 1 controller, you can cut the LED strips at the indicated places and then join them together using 5 core LED cable.

Back