Led reversing bulbs bringing error message on rhs only

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, I've purchased a set of error free led reversing bulbs from travelin lite and the rhs one is throwing up an error message. Lhs is fine. They sent another pair out and that's the same. It's a 2021 t6.1 panel van. Any ideas or recommendations please as they look amazing and work fine except for the error issues. Thanks in advance

Is it barn door or tailgate? My T6 has barn doors and two reversing lights though I’ve read on the forum the tailgate version only has one reversing light.

Did both slots have bulbs in when you took the lamp units out and were they both working?

Is it barn door or tailgate? My T6 has barn doors and two reversing lights though I’ve read on the forum the tailgate version only has one reversing light.

Did both slots have bulbs in when you took the lamp units out and were they both working?
It's barn doors, both had reversing lights too. Just confused why the left one seems OK?

Hi, it's a barn door and both had bulbs. I've swapped bulbs over and the error message stays with the rhs.

Because the LED bulbs only pull a small amount of power from the van, the van doesn’t recognise it and thinks the bulb has ‘gone’, so that’s why you’re getting the bulb out warning. Code out the bulb check as @Loz says above ⬆️

Thanks, now my next question is how to code it out , I'll do some searching on here, thanks for the replies everyone

It is odd - I fitted the canbus error free LED reverse bulbs from Travelin-lite and they work fine, no errors. I wonder if they are omitted from the bulb checks on the T6?

on the T6 the reverse bulbs are fed direct from a switch on the gearbox. (so not monitored)

are we saying the T6.1 they are different?

and as above only one light on barn doors.

i fitted T6.1 rear clusters on my T6 - no issues?

Looks like it . . .

+++

reverse lamps m16 & m17 are connected together in rear wire harness.

they are fed from the J519 (BCM)

the F4 reverse switch (manual GBox) is an input to the BCM,

i suppose the DSG box sends the reverse signal via powertrain CAN bus.

+++

so they will possibly be monitored for "bulb out" warnings. - but appear to be connected together?

1634029839231.png

Hi all, I've purchased a set of error free led reversing bulbs from travelin lite and the rhs one is throwing up an error message. Lhs is fine. They sent another pair out and that's the same. It's a 2021 t6.1 panel van. Any ideas or recommendations please as they look amazing and work fine except for the error issues. Thanks in advance
Hi Pedro, just found this thread and not sure if it's been answered. I've fitted the same LED Bulbs onto my reversing lights and have the same error. Have you found a simple fix or will I have to live with the warning light... thanks

Back