Led rears, are all Bulbs led?

You can turn off bulb monitoring for each individual pair of lamps via VCDS if reqd

That's worth knowing, that would certainly solve the problem, some VCDS owners are going to be very busy soon

That's worth knowing, that would certainly solve the problem, some VCDS owners are going to be very busy soon

It would but i dont think it will stop the indicators flashing fast on the dash will it ? I would find that very annoying

Th
It would but i dont think it will stop the indicators flashing fast on the dash will it ? I would find that very annoying

That's a good point, I was assuming it would stop all of the errors but thinking about it, it would still detect a drop in voltage and therefore flash fast on the dash (probably) some expert VCDS users could give it a test ???

Th

That's a good point, I was assuming it would stop all of the errors but thinking about it, it would still detect a drop in voltage and therefore flash fast on the dash (probably) some expert VCDS users could give it a test ???

I have VCDS , i can see you can disable the warning light on the dash but i dont think i will stop the indicator dash arrow flashing fast, as you said, the voltage has dropped. I will connect it to the combi when i get a minute and try it out.

Last edited:
I remember seeing somewhere on fleabag or Amazonia, a set of resistors to be used with led bulbs to stop this:thumbsdown:. I must admit its a vague memory at the moment, as under the weather, might be worth a search?:thumbsdown:

As you suggest @T6 Dave they do need some load resistors to stop the error light by the looks of it but the bulbs state there error free so i have email them to supply the correct parts to do the job or i will return them with the correct feedback to match ,see What i get back ;)

As you suggest @T6 Dave they do need some load resistors to stop the error light by the looks of it but the bulbs state there error free so i have email them to supply the correct parts to do the job or i will return them with the correct feedback to match ,see What i get back ;)

That was quick load resistor on there way. :) God Knows where they will go safely ?

I have not fitted mine with the resistor,to stop the error light yet as i dont no where to mount them safely yet due to the heat they give out . may have a better look in the nice weather :)

Ok Thanks for the reply, I fitted mine today and obviously the same thing happened. I have mailed them for some resistors.

Yes they work fine its just the fast indicator noise and the light on the dash. I took mine out until i have time more time to have a better look.

I have taken mine out too, can't cope with the fast flash on the dash! Think I might need help.:)

Did anyone ever get round to finding a good set of LED indicator bulbs for the front / rear?

You need a load resistor across the bulb to stop the dash flashing fast. I’ve done the rear indicators but the fronts look almost impossible to change without removing the front bumper and headlights. :rolleyes:

Back