Led rears, are all Bulbs led?

All done.
Remove 2 phillips screws and slide the light cluster sideways to release it from the 2 clips.
View attachment 3713
Here you can see both the reversing lamp W16W White and the turn signal lamp W16W Amber.
View attachment 3714
Replace the lamp and fit in reverse.

Before and after.
View attachment 3717 View attachment 3716

Considerably whiter and brighter.
Hi @Loz, it looks like the original turn indicator bulb is orange. Did you have to get an orange LED replacement, or is the cluster appropriately coloured to facilitate a white light behind it?

Have just ordered orange ones as the lens is clear.

Im sure those were the ones i purchased but they came up with a error on the dash and the indicator light flashing fast on the dash but the indicators themselves looked fine when flashing ? It did state error free :unsure:

I have ordered these too, looks like they wont be a lot of good then ??:(

Has anyone changed the front indicators bulbs in the LED units, i have had a look but it looks rather tight to get to that bulb? If i remove the two cap head bolts on the top of the unit does that release the lamp to move it forward a bit to make it easier ?

DONT BUY THESE FROM AMAZON , not error free

Thanks for your review of KaTur 4pcs High Power 800 Lumens Super Bright T15 W16W 921 915 LED Canbus Error Free 15SMD 2835 Backup Reverse Tail Brake Lights Parking LED Blubs DC 12V Amber

These are the correct one for the rear indicators (WY16W). Hopefully they dont show a error. I have some arriving soon so i will post the result.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MD2OLHU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Right these arrived, tried them still showing a error light on the dash but work fine.

Also fitted https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016RY9KX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in the side indicator lights and the worked great, much brighter with no errors. So one success.

I have a set of amber LEDS for the from headlight indicators but i cant get them out :mad: there a sod to get to! are try Again another day.

You can turn off bulb monitoring for each individual pair of lamps via VCDS if reqd

You can turn off bulb monitoring for each individual pair of lamps via VCDS if reqd

Thats one way round it, i will see if they can give me a fix first, may just return them. are the side indicators not monitored then as there not showing any warning light on dash?

Not sure I would guess not, probably just the main ones front and rear

Not sure I would guess not, probably just the main ones front and rear

I did think that, i dont think the front ones will work without a error light either. Is it because they draw less power the van thinks they have blown ?

Back