LED Loading Lights & DVD Power

Scott Munro

Hello,

I have just received my T6 Kombi 4-Motion and am away to start sound deadening and insulation the back, I will be replacing the side and roof panels with carpeted ply and will replace the OEM lights for LED spotlights which is all easy enough on the roof but I would like to add two LED's to the lower ply section of the tailgate and have them only come on when the boot is opened. Has anyone done this or know the best way to have them switching like this?
I will also be adding a drop down DVD screen for the kids so was looking for advice on where's best to take a live feed from for this and the easies way to route the wires?

Much appreciated,

Scott.

Switching the tail;gate lights is easy enough but depending on which lights you fit you may need to use a relay kit like this Electrics | Travelvolts
If you are wiring the drop down to the vehicle battery you will need two supplies, one permanent and one ignition controlled. Easiest place to find these is at the main fuse box and use piggy back fuses.

Perfect thank you, I need to dig into it further to see exactly what I am going to do. hopefully get some time this weekend to look into it.

Back