LED Light bar....anyone got one fitted??

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi folks...Concidering fitting a light bar or similar to give me plenty of light for working. Has anyone got any photos of where you fitted it / them please?

Thanks,

Dan

I want to get a LED Light Bar fitted to the front of my van.
Trouble is...I can find a good auto electrician who can wire it but they don't want to mount the bar as they have no experience in mounting these onto the van.
It will probably be a case of someone having a general idea of where to fit it, this will denote the length I buy and they will then strip the front down to mount it. If they can wire it too, then even better.
Any suggestions of who or where please?
I'm near Bridgnorth, Shropshire.
@Fish you're near me, any ideas?
Ta.
Dominator Range LED Bars | Halo Performance Lighting UK

Last edited:
Iv used the halo bar before and been pleased with them.
No experience of the T6 Laser kit.

Hello,
I have a 2018 T6 whit LED headlight's and is planing to mount a 52" LED bar on the roof rack.
So the question is where do I find either a +12v or a -0v high beam signal to tap in to to control the relay for the bar?

Ps. The English might not be the best, but bear with a Norwegian....

Hello,
I have a 2018 T6 whit LED headlight's and is planing to mount a 52" LED bar on the roof rack.
So the question is where do I find either a +12v or a -0v high beam signal to tap in to to control the relay for the bar?

Ps. The English might not be the best, but bear with a Norwegian....
Good morning, you may want to put this question in the electrics section.
Good question by the way I'll watch with interest.

Have just moved it to the electrics section

It depends how you want the lights to behave, if i remember correctly there are two separate cables from the stalk to the BCM for the high beam, one for flashing and one for engaging the high beam so could possibly use one of these ?

LED Headlight schematic - Left.

led headlight.JPG

the LED driver outputs are direct from the BCM (J519)

the LED drivers are internal to the headlight (J667 + J892)

the Main LEDS & DRL`s (L176) are PWM controlled for brightness,

The LEDS have a permanent ground.

you may need to probe the supply terminals to see if there is a +ve switched supply,

maybe look at 56b, 56a, 581, tfl, 31.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit late but for anyone in the future reading this, the T6 LED's you can get a high beam signal from wiring harness from the headlight. You can get the feed from the white wire/pin 11. When you pull the connector from the headlight, there's numbers imprinted on the connector to identify the pins. I heard from an aux light installer that you can use a normal light relay, however I used a XBB relay that you wrap around the wire that senses the power within the wire without breaking the insulation on it.

Back