LED Headlights Not Fully Dipping

ed.d

Noticed oncoming traffic having issues with headlamps on ‘17 plate t6. Doesn’t seem to be dipping fully on passenger side any ideas, things to check before I endeavour to communicate with Vw ?
Thanks in advance.

Park parallel to a wall and see what the light cutoff looks like ?
If it’s moved I dont think VW will call it warranty, you need an MOT bay light checker to do the alignment properly

That’s a good shout, there’s a level sensor on the front and rear, if one of them has come adrift it will knock out the levelling system

Noticed oncoming traffic having issues with headlamps on ‘17 plate t6. Doesn’t seem to be dipping fully on passenger side any ideas, things to check before I endeavour to communicate with Vw ?
Thanks in advance.
Did you check if both of your LED lights preform start up sequence properly?
See the video below.

Park parallel to a wall and see what the light cutoff looks like ?
Perpendicular;)

Interesting, so theres defo a fault there then
A VCDS scan would be the easiest way to find out, i dont see any members local to you that are VCDS users

Need to find out if its the headlights thats causing the issue or the levelling system

Just checked and the passenger side light doesn’t move on start up (unlike the drivers side).
Is your LED setup factory option or retrofit?
Did you try to disconnect the LHS plug? Can you see if connectors 1 to 4 are sitting properly in the plug? Maybe there is some contamination, corrosion? Also check lamp socket pins(anything bent/damaged)? Use your camera with flash on and take a photo. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Lamps are factory fit. I’ve not tried anything yet as gone back to bed for a rest. Keep the suggestions coming though
Thanks to all for suggestions help so far

Years ago I had the little arm that goes from the headlight motor to the moving part of the headlight assembly come off at the plastic balljoint meaning that one headlight motored up and down from the dashboard switch and the other one sat still.

In all fairness this was on a Vauxhall so probably irrelevant but happened simply from driving over a local grade 2 listed pothole.

It was a simple job of squeezing the joint back together.

Did you try to disconnect the LHS plug? Can you see if connectors 1 to 4 are sitting properly in the plug? Maybe there is some contamination, corrosion? Also check lamp socket pins(anything bent/damaged)? Use your camera with flash on and take a photo. ;)
If there is no issue with the plug and socket you will have to check range control motor inside the lamp and replace it if necessary.
See below, part number 3D0941295:thumbsup:
Zrzut ekranu z 2018-04-10 11-25-12.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Okay, made it out of the house today! And had a scrabble around on the floor and found the levelling arms (one front and one rear) all looked ok or at least still attached. Based on this I assume it’s the range motor next.

Back