H4 headlamps with LED bulbs

Bianchi Brink

Since I am from South Africa lets park the legal discussion and also say I only use my T6 off road. I fitted LED bubs and the made a massive improvement when driving at night. The beam pattern is however a bit "scattered". Can anyone explain to me the purpose of the "cover"/"deflector" over the bulb on the inside of the headlight? I was wondering what would happen if I removed it...?

. Looks Cool .

What brand were they ?

Got a link?

and keep us posted on how long they last.

(Before they start flicking or just stop working)

Have they put any warning lights on and have you tried them at night yet?
I have just ordered a set while I wait for the new THQ lights to be released..... or I go original VW LED ...... I wish I could make up my bloody mind :(

The same as the old ones with a new style indicator. Not being released until late November I believe.

Fiddly as F... to fit the bulbs! I changed side/drl & main. had an issue with the drls not working, contacted the seller & he said to change the two wires over, did so & worked no problem.

Hi, After reading your post I bought and fitted the nighteye lamps, Have you had issue with them being too random a beam, its like having a massive main beam on all the time, I have just been out in the dark,( we live in rural carmarthenshire) they are awesome if there's no one coming the other way or in front of your otherwise they are dangerous. back to the drawing board

Hi, After reading your post I bought and fitted the nighteye lamps, Have you had issue with them being too random a beam, its like having a massive main beam on all the time, I have just been out in the dark,( we live in rural carmarthenshire) they are awesome if there's no one coming the other way or in front of your otherwise they are dangerous. back to the drawing board

I fitted a set last week, firstly make sure the bulb is fitted with the top of the triangle facing up so the LED shines sideways. Secondly I used the adjuster on the dash to lower mine to “3” on the wheel setting and since doing this I have a bright light in front of the van but not as much glare.

I tested it the other night and no one flashed me so I’m guessing it must be ok. I think you have to make sure they are pointed right down.

Will be out again tonight so can check again if people flash.

I fitted a set last week, firstly make sure the bulb is fitted with the top of the triangle facing up so the LED shines sideways. Secondly I used the adjuster on the dash to lower mine to “3” on the wheel setting and since doing this I have a bright light in front of the van but not as much glare.

I tested it the other night and no one flashed me so I’m guessing it must be ok. I think you have to make sure they are pointed right down.

Will be out again tonight so can check again if people flash.
Interesting, is there anyway you could take a pic of them pointing at a wall so we can see the beam pattern?

Interesting, is there anyway you could take a pic of them pointing at a wall so we can see the beam pattern?

They have more of a hot spot than a pattern, I just marked my halogen line on the wall and made sure these had the brightest part well below it. Remember they are only £18.

I fitted a set of Philips Ultinon this morning into my THQ lights, the difference is beyond amazing. I don't have any before photos, but those of you will know in that second picture i'd have been lucky to see the wall. I also bought the LED fogs with the canbus, but annoyingly my T6 won't accept them without a coding, so that's the next thing to be done.

I spoke to THQ and i know they are releasing their own LED H7 and H1 bulbs towards christmas, so i'll be getting some of their H1's when they're released.

1.jpg 2.jpg

I fitted a set of Philips Ultinon this morning into my THQ lights, the difference is beyond amazing. I don't have any before photos, but those of you will know in that second picture i'd have been lucky to see the wall. I also bought the LED fogs with the canbus, but annoyingly my T6 won't accept them without a coding, so that's the next thing to be done.

I spoke to THQ and i know they are releasing their own LED H7 and H1 bulbs towards christmas, so i'll be getting some of their H1's when they're released.

View attachment 28806 View attachment 28807

This is my planned set up at some point.... unless I decide to go all in on the VW LED headlamps :unsure:

This is my planned set up at some point.... unless I decide to go all in on the VW LED headlamps :unsure:
I was very tempted by the full LED solution, as i had a Touareg previously and the LED lights on that were far superior, and i have a Tiguan with them too. But at 3k+ to have them fitted, it was a bit much for me.. The THQ lights were £450, these bulbs were £99. that's enough of a spend.

update on Night eye Lamps,
Took out the lamps leaving holder in place turned them 180 degrees and they are now fine, simple error but lamps not marked and they will fit into holder wrong way.
Tried them last night and they are a marked improvement on standard. £20 fix . Thanks Zombie for the heads up.

Back