LED Fog Bulbs causing DAB fault

Lee Steadman

As title, has anyone fitted the Travelin-lite LED fog lights and had any issues with the DAB reception on their radio?
Every time I slow down for a corner and the cornering assist comes on, I lose all DAB reception until I speed up again.
Wondering if there's a quick fix anyone knows about.

Cheers

Fit different LED lamps?

Don't appear to have that issue with my ones??

Interesting... I've been trying to find such an electronic gadget - LED, USB-socket, etc. - which would cause interference on other electronics but no luck :(. Just to investigate what's the root cause - is it RF interference (hard to believe) or just pulsed load which then feeds back to other electronics.

Clamp-on ferrite bead on power feed close to the bulb would be my first try. The second would be to have another on radio power feed.
Similar to ---> ZCAT1730-0730A | TDK Openable Ferrite Sleeve, 23 Dia. x 30mm, For USB, Apertures: 1, Diameter 7mm | RS Components
Just need to find proper size - for the wires/cable.

Interesting... I've been trying to find such an electronic gadget - LED, USB-socket, etc. - which would cause interference on other electronics but no luck :(. Just to investigate what's the root cause - is it RF interference (hard to believe) or just pulsed load which then feeds back to other electronics.

Clamp-on ferrite bead on power feed close to the bulb would be my first try. The second would be to have another on radio power feed.
Similar to ---> ZCAT1730-0730A | TDK Openable Ferrite Sleeve, 23 Dia. x 30mm, For USB, Apertures: 1, Diameter 7mm | RS Components
Just need to find proper size - for the wires/cable.

Have you tried any cheap eBay USB charger plugs yet?..... my thoughts were bad RFI Close to the head unit (dash socket) causing induced noise in the tuner Circuit... but same as you - untested/confirmed theory atm.

The led issue may well be noise from the led-driver switching power supply.?

Reactions: mmi
Back