LED fog light bulbs

Yes they just swap over, all plug and play. The fog light package includes x2 in-line fog light resistors which you can be secured using provided cable ties. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the fogs any brighter or just better looking?

Are the fogs any brighter or just better looking?

I presume they are the same as the LED fog bulbs they do. If so, they are crap. Nice, bright and white, but zero light on the road.

I presume they are the same as the LED fog bulbs they do. If so, they are crap. Nice, bright and white, but zero light on the road.

Yeah you maybe right but they are certainly better than the OEM bulbs. To be honest I've yet to have a vehicle where the fog lights are any good to view the road ahead but hey I'm not a vanman so I don't tend to drive too much in the fog anyway. I'm sure there are different and possible better options out there :unsure:

I don't use my fog lights, but fitted a set of LEDs to match the LED bulbs in my THQ headlights when they came on as corning lights. Not only do they put no light on the road, the cornering function no longer worked with them fitted. With the halogen fog light bulbs, they really did light up the corners really well when turning, so even if the still did turn on, they'd be about as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition.

Yeah you maybe right but they are certainly better than the OEM bulbs. To be honest I've yet to have a vehicle where the fog lights are any good to view the road ahead but hey I'm not a vanman so I don't tend to drive too much in the fog anyway. I'm sure there are different and possible better options out there :unsure:

Good point.. thought I would check it out .. the pic below shows the cornering function working and the footprint of the fog lights on my drive, compared with no beam on the other side. I'm happy :)

IMG_9276.jpg

Be interesting to see how the fogs are whilst driving, they look good there though!

@Sherlock99 you can swap out the 501 sidelight bulbs too for a bit of added sparkle in the main H4 lamp reflector, I got some miniature corn on the cob ones from Halfords of all places that are supposed to be 200 lumen each and you could still see their white sparkle above the yellow dinge from the stock H4 halogen bulb on dip, can't see it now as I've swapped out those halogen main/dip H4 bulbs now so all super white illumination facing forward but still treading my way warily as these are no searchlights!:eek:

hi all , spoke to vw today they wouldn't recommend changing them as they can burn out the lights in the lamps
they did say it could jeopardise the warranty and they dont sell them but you can take the chance .
Maybe they should look at all there headlights just like to see the road.

hi all , spoke to vw today they wouldn't recommend changing them as they can burn out the lights in the lamps
they did say it could jeopardise the warranty and they dont sell them but you can take the chance .
Maybe they should look at all there headlights just like to see the road.

Fitting lamps that draw more current ie. 100 watt plus halogen lamps might put stress on the plastic lamp holder insulation as they try to draw twice their normal current and melt that but the same could be said for the relay in the BCM supplying the lamp circuit, your average 20 watt H7,H1 and 2 x 20 watt H4 LED on the other hand will pull less current causing less likelihood of melting anything, let's face it, counter intelligence at your local VW dealer aren't going to help you find a cheaper alternative to their better headlight types.o_O

hi all i have fitted transporter HQ fog light bulbs and now my dab radio cuts out every time my fog lights come on ie every time i turn (cornering lights). has any one on hear had the same problem.
thanks

Did they come with resistor packs...?

Some fog light bulbs are known to cause DAB interference to the point where people disable cornering function...

I disabled the cornering function on mine because of the interference, but have recently fitted ferrite core clamps to the bulb leads, which helps but I don’t think has totally eliminated the problem.

Back