Hi,

My drivers seat isn't very comfy and the leather is starting to crack. The seats are the standard Startline 2+1 but were retrimmed a few years ago. Rether than getting the seat re-trimmed for a few hundred quid I have been thinking about getting a new seat, maybe an older Range rover seat, twin arm rests, something nice and comfy! then get that re-trimmed to match the rest.

Before i go ahead are thera any issues with fitting non VW T6 seats, are there any conversion plates for the framework? any size issues that anyone knows about?

Any help appreciated.

Hi all,

Has anyone fitted Audi A1 S line front seats or know of any one who has to a T6?

Is it straight forward or is major fabrication needed?

Thanks in advance for any help

Stu

Is there much change in height with these? They look great! Presume you fit the mounts to the original bases? Do you have link to said bases please? Thanks in advance

Thanks, they are great to drive in too, and I think look awesome! The height feels pretty much the same, but I didn’t want to add another inch so the swivel base, hence why only doing it on the passenger side.

The bases were ordered from here: Recaro Seats - VW Bus T6 Direct Fit Sub-frames > GSM SportSeats4u

They bolted to the original seat bases then the Seats direct to them. Was pretty straightforward once I worked out the subframe assembly.

Thanks, they are great to drive in too, and I think look awesome! The height feels pretty much the same, but I didn’t want to add another inch so the swivel base, hence why only doing it on the passenger side.

The bases were ordered from here: Recaro Seats - VW Bus T6 Direct Fit Sub-frames > GSM SportSeats4u

They bolted to the original seat bases then the Seats direct to them. Was pretty straightforward once I worked out the subframe assembly.
Perfect, sounds simple enough. Any issues with airbag etc? Seems a straightforward mod really and opens up all sorts of recaro seats really using the universal frame

Perfect, sounds simple enough. Any issues with airbag etc? Seems a straightforward mod really and opens up all sorts of recaro seats really using the universal frame

So only aftermarket Recaro’s will fit the subframes apparently; so Recaro’s originally from a Car manufacturer’s won’t fit, say like a set from a Golf ect, but other than that loads of options.

Was originally looking for a pair of CS’s but these came up cheap and had just had a full retrim in super high quality Nappa Leather and couldn’t resist.

And no issues with Airbag as mine didn’t have one in the seat. I did prep a resistor but it wasn’t needed.

So only aftermarket Recaro’s will fit the subframes apparently; so Recaro’s originally from a Car manufacturer’s won’t fit, say like a set from a Golf ect, but other than that loads of options.

Was originally looking for a pair of CS’s but these came up cheap and had just had a full retrim in super high quality Nappa Leather and couldn’t resist.

And no issues with Airbag as mine didn’t have one in the seat. I did prep a resistor but it wasn’t needed.
Sounds good, for the relative small cost of some second hand OEM recaros I might trial a set on the universal frame. You'd think that OEM spec trendlines from say and Evo can't differ that much from off the shelf in a recaro store... I'll do some digging on it

Sounds good, for the relative small cost of some second hand OEM recaros I might trial a set on the universal frame. You'd think that OEM spec trendlines from say and Evo can't differ that much from off the shelf in a recaro store... I'll do some digging on it

I don’t think it would take much effort to redrill some OEM’s onto the universal bases if they are the same width, or just get a wider base plate fabricated. I only wish I had seat height & rake adjustment but other than that I’m really pleased with them.

Back