Leaky fixed window????

drew_greenday

T6 Guru
While I’ve been in Switzerland for the last ten days the van has been with a local conversion company who were to fit the two windows I didn’t get around to fit. I gave them the windows and fixing kit. I tried to get hold of them last week to see if it was all going ok. Had to phone them up this morning to organise a lift from the station.

First they said it was ready and might be a struggle to see if I can get a lift, then they rang back and asked if I can pick up tomorrow or Wednesday. When I said I was heading away in the van on Wednesday they then said the window was water tested and it’s leaked. He then txt me about an hour later saying the leak is fixed and the van is next to the heater......

I’ve read a lot on fitting windows, and I’ve fitted a dummy one myself. As far as I’m aware the method of attachment to the side of the van makes it extremely hard for the window to leak? Firstly the dintrol is in a sealed unit with no air, secondly the nozzle with which you apply the dintrol is such that the amount is linear.

So, they’re either lying and just didn’t want to give me a lift. They have scrimped the two window fit with one pack of dintrol after I gave them two or they have somehow ballsed up the fit??? Either way, when I pick up the van I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb to see how they have ‘fixed’ it.

Back