So they’ll speak to the dealership about damage to several places yet will only replace your numberplate?

Talk about being contradictory. It’s like they’re admitting fault and denying fault all in the same argument.
Standard corporate procedure that. I had the same with Sony a few years ago. Constant emails/telecoms where Empty/meaningless words are spewed out in order to finally wear oneself down and finally throw the towel in. I did give up with Sony, as I had nowhere to visit to vent my frustrations.

Keep the pressure on.

So they are willing to send out the window fitting company to my home address to sort the issues and buy me 2 new number plates, but have now said to VW that my van wasn't cleaned as it "looked clean already and only cleaned the wheels and blacked the tyres". So how did my brake light and number plate get damaged?!? I then had this happen on the motorway (photo taken by my husband)

6ec8eaa0-63cd-4f3b-af77-838e8c7e74f5.jpg This was on the window that has been replaced. I have used 3m tape to stick it back down for now but how embarrassing! I am just waiting for the dealership to contact me now and VW are ringing back Wednesday to see how I have got on.

Literally never opened my side windows at all since picking van up in April, opened the side door today and it was soaking, coming through side window (bottom of glass towards front of door). Had to go out regular and mop up the water and today was persistent rain - all day.

Have had a leak on drivers window since I picked van up from garage albeit the summer has been mostly dry but when raining it has leaked. Last 3 weeks its been bone dry :rolleyes:

Our driver side sliding door window leaked whilst in the Outer Hebrides. Came home and dropped it in at the dealers and ready with a replaced window next day. They are supposed to have tested it and I’ll no doubt find out at some point but assume it is ok. Can’t complain about the response from my local stealer.

So if I make contact with a local dealer to initiate the fault, what would be the lead in time for a call from garage to carry out new replacement or repair

Sorry I don’t know. I rang to book the van in for its 2 year service and told them at the time the window was leaking and I wanted it changed under warranty.

I think the process is that they get the hose out and see if it is leaking. Then they chat to VW UK for approval as they fund warranty repairs. Then order the part and fit it. Not sure how my dealer managed to sort it so quickly unless they’ve had so many that approval from VW UK is a done deal.

Sorry I don’t know. I rang to book the van in for its 2 year service and told them at the time the window was leaking and I wanted it changed under warranty.

I think the process is that they get the hose out and see if it is leaking. Then they chat to VW UK for approval as they fund warranty repairs. Then order the part and fit it. Not sure how my dealer managed to sort it so quickly unless they’ve had so many that approval from VW UK is a done deal.
You were lucky to get yours done quickly. Mine were done after messing around establishing if it was leaking and then I had to send vids to VWUK too. Such a pain.

So if I make contact with a local dealer to initiate the fault, what would be the lead in time for a call from garage to carry out new replacement or repair
It took about 5 weeks for me to get mine sorted, but some of that was due to me insisting they give me a van whilst mine was in and I had to make sure one was available.

depending on the dealer they will do one of two things, First they may take the sliding cartridge out and clean all the seals and drain then reinstall and test asking your to monitor it, and if leaks again change it out. Secondly they may just change it out straight away. Mine were changed out straight away by the dealer no arguments they themselves are seeing loads and don`t bother with the clean and test bit. Make sure when you take it to be looked at by the dealer that the seals are clean as some have been know to use dirty seals as an excuse.

This is the classic VAG watranty experience. First, deny there is a problem. Then try and pass the defect off as a feature. Next, say it isn't covered by warranty as it is wear and tear. If you persist, then it will be weeks before they can look at it. Day without van while they look at it. Dealer orders parts. Another day or so for them to repair van, during which they will damage, scratch and abuse your van....and will leave additional damage or break other stuff.

In my 13 years of VW and Audi ownership, every time I have taken a vehicle in for warranty it has been returned with more faults than it went in with. It is easier and less stressful to use an independent and pay for stuff to be fixed rather than get VW involved under warranty.

I can see why people buy Toyota and Lexus. The cars are bland but the service is impeccable.

There's a massive variance in service between dealers, my local VW dealer for both my cars and vans have been great.

*touches wood*

The leaking windows is an odd issue though, it's obviously an ongoing problem, and yet many people don't have any issues at all, me included.

This is the classic VAG watranty experience. First, deny there is a problem. Then try and pass the defect off as a feature. Next, say it isn't covered by warranty as it is wear and tear. If you persist, then it will be weeks before they can look at it. Day without van while they look at it. Dealer orders parts. Another day or so for them to repair van, during which they will damage, scratch and abuse your van....and will leave additional damage or break other stuff.

In my 13 years of VW and Audi ownership, every time I have taken a vehicle in for warranty it has been returned with more faults than it went in with. It is easier and less stressful to use an independent and pay for stuff to be fixed rather than get VW involved under warranty.

I can see why people buy Toyota and Lexus. The cars are bland but the service is impeccable.

I have had VAG cars for 27 of the 32 years I have been driving. All services and work carried out at main dealers. Not once has a car been damaged. On my TT the rear spoiler stopped working after the warrenty expired. The deal fitted a new one foc as a goodwill gesture. Dealerships obviously vary.

I have had VAG cars for 27 of the 32 years I have been driving. All services and work carried out at main dealers. Not once has a car been damaged. On my TT the rear spoiler stopped working after the warrenty expired. The deal fitted a new one foc as a goodwill gesture. Dealerships obviously vary.
You have been very lucky. I have had varying experiences of main dealers and only found one that loves my car as much as me and that was TL Darby Buton on Trent. Their awards off VW prove this. Unfortunately they only do cars so when I switched from having a brand new car to brand new van it was a shock to the system as to how poor Bilston Green Hous VW were! Still I think they have either moved or gone as their premises look empty! Anyone know?

Once my final VW service is done next year, then I will be only trusting Midland VW with my T6 as they have been awesome with my other dubs in the past

Took mine to JCT600 Sheffield Van Centre today for a leaking window. They tested and agreed it’s leaking, and have said it will be replaced under warranty, but have had to send videos to VW UK to get approval...they’re going to call me back with another appointment!

I had the same leaky window problem, which I have written about on here. In summary, it was a warranty replacement and vw paid for the damage caused to the camper conversion....
The problem is in the VW windows where the bottom rail is bonded to the glass. This bonding can fail and allow water in bypassing the slider drain and the 4 drains along the bottom rail..
Keep the pressure on VW!

This week saw some torrential rain where I was working, neither the side rear window nor the driver window for that matter showed any signs of leaking and the driver window had been dripping for a good while on and off :rolleyes:

Back