Leaking SCA 194 Pano roof?

harrihammo

Wondering if anyone has experience of water ingress after moderate- heavy (Cornish!) rain with their SCA194 Panoramic roof canvas?

I hire my camper out and frustratingly the last two rentals have included some typical Cornish weather.

I’m new to the wonderful world of campervans so learning as I go - after the first soggy customers, I purchased some Fabsil and got that straight on, at the recommendation of Brett at Chilli Jam Vans, who did the conversion. Sadly, the canvas leaked again (the rain wasn’t as bad this time, but constant over the customers last night), they said it seemed to be coming in at the zip point at the front.

Does anyone have experience of this/ recommendations of how to prevent it? Another coat of Fabsil once it’s dried out? Feeling quite stressed as worrying that off season hires are going to be impassible- it’s risky enough in the “summer” .

I know that the canvas is replaceable but no idea what the expected life span should be ?
Many thanks in advance for any wise words….

You could try lightly silicon greasing the zip and zip fabric, try a small section and then test.
You could attach a flap that hangs in front of the zip, from memory that’s what a Reimo has, easier said than done I know.

How long ago was the poptop installed? If it's still in warranty then it's for the installer to fix, not you.

Back