Leaking Diesel

Gogi

Hi All

My van went to the garage today for what I thought was an oil leak, turns out it's a diesel leak. In hindsight it's obvious it wasn't oil as the amount coming out and the oil light not coming on, the smell of diesel and it covering the underside of the engine. The mechanic only got round to checking it late in the day so I'm without a van and without a diagnosis for the problem. The strangest thing is my mpg was quite a bit higher than what it has been recently!!

Anyone had a similar issue or would know what was causing it to spray and just cover the underneath part of the engine?.....could it be wear and tear/the cold weather......I did think sabotage but I don't think I've pissed off anyone that much!

I guess I'm lucky it didn't set on fire whilst I was driving so I'm grateful for that!

Last year I had a fuel leak, a day after a long 5000km in Europe. Went to shop and when came back home I’ve seen a dark patch on the floor where I was parked. Pulled the van up, switched off and raised the bonnet, diesel smell and wet everywhere near the filter. Rung my local VW and it went in next day. It turned out the fuel filter ruptured, and was a recall on it. The factory fuel filter had to be upgraded. Did the filter and that was that. This is the crafter2 2017 2.0l 140 daua.

Back