I did lots of research, i went with CRS, 50mm H&R springs with the koni sports shocks..... that was the drop i wanted, for me it was a balance of looks and usability.
T32 DSG and generally a light van. What a difference! Really chuffed with the ride, i have compared my T6 ride to another car i use, a merc GLE and it rides as well if not better
It was bloody awful before! Best money i have spent for a long time!

Was planning on 19s at some point!

F1AE444D-B5F6-4148-A37B-114C48DBE018.jpeg

1277E2F0-2933-46AC-A925-62FAA20E6AF3.jpeg

I did lots of research, i went with CRS, 50mm H&R springs with the koni sports shocks..... that was the drop i wanted, for me it was a balance of looks and usability.
T32 DSG and generally a light van. What a difference! Really chuffed with the ride, i have compared my T6 ride to another car i use, a merc GLE and it rides as well if not better
It was bloody awful before! Best money i have spent for a long time!

Was planning on 19s at some point!

View attachment 70751

View attachment 70752
Blacking the B pillars really helps make the van look lower and sleeker! Nice van!

Before9917B54D-D312-4DD9-BA24-A2CC9E3B06CD.jpeg
During4262B340-1A5E-4D0A-852D-1AAE5754939B.jpeg
After
B1CD1551-E724-4725-B9FA-A5DFD2CEE61F.jpeg

it doesn’t look that different but it is 2-3cm lower.

I didn’t want it that much lower so that is perfect

So far I can say the ride is night and day better around town and marginally better on the motorway. I have much more confidence in the handling now so don’t have to stop before going round every corner.

Forgot to say, I used the M6 toll on the way there and (by accident) on the way back. On the way there I was charged as class 4 (~£10) and I even pressed the assist button to check it was correct, the guy apologised and said it was automatic due to the height of the vehicle.

But on the way back class 2 :mexican wave:
It’s saving me money already:thumbsup:
0EFCB3D4-1C56-44FC-8E60-95551E3EB73D.jpeg
It may be due to a slightly iffy calibration on the sensor or it may be that the 2 cm made all the difference. Anyone with a really lowered van paying class 4? (Mine has a poptop so is a good few cm higher in places too)

BeforeView attachment 71606
DuringView attachment 71607
After
View attachment 71608

it doesn’t look that different but it is 2-3cm lower.

I didn’t want it that much lower so that is perfect

So far I can say the ride is night and day better around town and marginally better on the motorway. I have much more confidence in the handling now so don’t have to stop before going round every corner.

Hi, your van sits well now, looks low and useable. What suspension kit did you have on it before? Which CRS set up did you get?

Thanks

Forgot to say, I used the M6 toll on the way there and (by accident) on the way back. On the way there I was charged as class 4 (~£10) and I even pressed the assist button to check it was correct, the guy apologised and said it was automatic due to the height of the vehicle.

View attachment 71622
It may be due to a slightly iffy calibration on the sensor or it may be that the 2 cm made all the difference. Anyone with a really lowered van paying class 4? (Mine has a poptop so is a good few cm higher in places too)
Chris you will be forgiven for not mentioning how the van is quieter inside now . Quality shock absorbers isolate a lot of road noise of course . This is why KONI supply many OEM Coach and bus manufacturers .

The toll road goes off the height of you vehicle. Was mentioned to me at coventry listers as a few of them go to Cannock mountain biking. So if you use the toll a lot, theres a saving to justify lowering.

Last time I went up the M6 toll road and back again (Feb2020 - without changing suspension height in between) I was charged the 2 different amounts as mentioned above.

More importantly my turn soon @CRS Performance - can't wait! :grin bounce:

View attachment 71622
This happened to me after my visit to Steve @CRS Performance. just waiting for my new rims/tyres then I’ll add some pics, really happy with the the ride/handling/lowering and added bonus of slightly less road noise.

Last time I went up the M6 toll road and back again (Feb2020 - without changing suspension height in between) I was charged the 2 different amounts as mentioned above.

More importantly my turn soon @CRS Performance - can't wait! :grin bounce:
Yeah, I reckon it’s borderline so sometimes triggers class 2 and sometimes 4.

If anyone’s interested then the 2nd or 3rd toll gate from the left going south is the winner :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Chris you will be forgiven for not mentioning how the van is quieter inside now . Quality shock absorbers isolate a lot of road noise of course . This is why KONI supply many OEM Coach and bus manufacturers .
It’s a definite improvement. Didn’t help much on the A12 today going out towards Ipswich though, that road is terrible and the comfort gains around town are not quite so great at motorway speeds on an ancient concrete road seemingly repaired by crews from the back of a truck without stopping! Not sure if anything on wheels could iron the bumps out of that!!!

Hi, your van sits well now, looks low and useable. What suspension kit did you have on it before? Which CRS set up did you get?

Thanks
Before I had the vw 30mm springs on standard shocks and running at 41, 24, 29, 42 (front wheel centre to arch, front sill by jacking point, rear jacking point, rear wheel centre to arch) before so all comparisons are based on those

I got the kit in the photos above

After measurements are 39, 24, 27, 39
Also it’s a fully loaded T28 running on 19”, it’s pretty much got all the camping gear in it with those measurements, only missing the awning, clothes, bedding and kids

It’s a definite improvement. Didn’t help much on the A12 today going out towards Ipswich though, that road is terrible and the comfort gains around town are not quite so great at motorway speeds on an ancient concrete road seemingly repaired by crews from the back of a truck without stopping! Not sure if anything on wheels could iron the bumps out of that!!!
There will always be the odd road from hell . The lowering of a car does remove travel from the shock shaft so bad bumps will always get the bump stops working overtime . We have to accept this is the cost of the great cosmetics ha ha

The toll road goes off the height of you vehicle. Was mentioned to me at coventry listers as a few of them go to Cannock mountain biking. So if you use the toll a lot, theres a saving to justify lowering.
The Shark fin aerial doesn't help on vans fitted with them I guess

Reactions: Jay
Well I had the pleasure of meeting Steve this morning, such a friendly knowledgable guy. He was more than happy to discuss options and even suggested I should spend less money than planned based on my initial comments about what was important to me. However once I considered the options and we discussed things further I went with the coilover kit. The 100 mile drive home was SO nice compared with the drive there. What I wasn’t expecting was the change in the way the steering feels, so much nicer to drive, I could not be happier. Previously I had standard shocks with 30mm VW sportline springs. Never been happy with the way this rode, and even less so having changed from 17” to 18” wheels.
The kit supplied and fitted by Steve is spot on. One VERY happy customer here and would not hesitate in recommending CRS Performance. Thank you Steve!

Before:

94029636-7C9B-4D9D-B643-9DE661F8CF0D.jpeg
After:
CC2AEAE6-DBDC-450B-833A-5202794BAA5E.jpeg

Thought I would report my experience in dealing with Steve which I met yesterday. I have been looking at options for my van B14s Coilover being the main one, after speaking to Steve he asked if it was all ready lowered and was I happy with the look, my response was yes as it lowering springs.

Steve explained that a Coilover kit was not the best option and to fit a KONI sport shock as I wanted a smooth ride. Being naughty I drove from Wales and had them fitted and I can say the difference driving home was impressive! Totally different van!

Can not recommend Steve enough he could have taken more money from me I was ready to spend but he advised it was not needed. And he was correct!

Thank you @CRS Performance

I remember I had a van a while ago with lowering springs and it was awful to drive and I feared going anywhere in it...

...hold on, that was this van, a few weeks ago before Steve sorted the suspension, beginning to forget how bad it was now :p

Back