i ran konis on my gt turbo and they bounced like heel hence my comment on comparing them to the slams.

if the konis are more comfortable then the ones for other models it could be a good contender
I would guess that the GT turbo was low ?? the bouncing you felt will be the suspension bottoming on the Bump stop not the shock it self . A shock cant cause bouncing but the bump stop could .

Don't stress about comfort with KONI they are the most comfortable performance shocks on the market when applied and fitted correctly.

Don't stress about comfort with KONI they are the most comfortable performance shocks on the market when applied and fitted correctly.

I'll second that !
I was sick of the day to day crashing into bumps that weren't even apparent in my 435d and just HAD to do something about it.
My Leighton T6 is an absolute top drawer machine which I drive daily as my work vehicle with parts and hand tools in the back.
Once I installed the preset shocks Steve sent me I then found out my T6 was over tyred (which I already suspected) Front wheels are 8.5j x 20 and rears are 10j x 20 but both had the same tyres on making the front look underinflated and hanging over the width of the wheel rim, this now had an adverse effect of the tyre rubbing on the inner wheel arch now when going over bumps....why ? Well, in a few words, my suspension now works on it's travel as it should instead of crashing into the bump stops.
I changed the front tyres from 275x40x20 to 245x45x20 and WOW transformed it both in suspension and steering.
I now have a vehicle that is a pleasure to be in even more than it was and a steering that doesn't wander in the corners and has an increased turning circle, albeit not to do with the shocks alone.

I'll second that !
I was sick of the day to day crashing into bumps that weren't even apparent in my 435d and just HAD to do something about it.
My Leighton T6 is an absolute top drawer machine which I drive daily as my work vehicle with parts and hand tools in the back.
Once I installed the preset shocks Steve sent me I then found out my T6 was over tyred (which I already suspected) Front wheels are 8.5j x 20 and rears are 10j x 20 but both had the same tyres on making the front look underinflated and hanging over the width of the wheel rim, this now had an adverse effect of the tyre rubbing on the inner wheel arch now when going over bumps....why ? Well, in a few words, my suspension now works on it's travel as it should instead of crashing into the bump stops.
I changed the front tyres from 275x40x20 to 245x45x20 and WOW transformed it both in suspension and steering.
I now have a vehicle that is a pleasure to be in even more than it was and a steering that doesn't wander in the corners and has an increased turning circle, albeit not to do with the shocks alone.

@BeePee out of interest, did you keep your Leighton installed Cobra springs, or did you swap to H&Rs like @CRS Performance suggests?

I think they use Cobra now but I've had mine for just over a year and as far as I was told it is H&R springs on mine.

@BeePee Can you see what colour they are? I think Cobra springs are red, and H&R are blue... I thought LV told me that they "preferred" the Cobra springs (I suspect it's a cost thing to be honest)...

@ChrisR suggested I write a review of the new kit which I tried to do a couple of weeks ago but, having typed for half an hour, managed to lose everything! Anyway, here goes my second attempt.

My van is a 2016 LWB DSG BTDi with a full camper conversion including water and gas tanks, so it's heavy! I bought it in late 2016 and my first modification was to fit H&R 50mm lowering springs. That was a mistake! The stance was good, the handling in bends was better but it was the harshest thing I had ever driven. So the next change was to Bilstein B14 coilovers and H&R anti-rollbars. The handling was massively improved and it was not as bumpy as before but it still wasn't comfortable. After about a year I was almost committed to having air ride but was persuaded by, amongst others, CRS that this would look good but not improve the ride. So my conversation started with CRS about what the alternative might be.

Bilstein B14s would be great if our roads were smooth. I'm sure handling on a track would be amazing. But I need comfort above handling. I still want the van to look right but I can't drive defensively for ever, avoiding every pothole! CRS explained that Koni shock absorbers have a two tube system giving a higher level of dampening over single tube shocks, such as Bilstein, and the Konis are adjustable. They also recommended H&R Sport springs which offer more comfort than Bilstein. If you have not seen the B14s fitted you won't know that the rear springs are almost fully compressed when stationary. The lower coils are even fitted with a plastic sleeve to stops the coils grinding when they touch under load!

So CRS offered Koni shocks with H&R Sport springs. They were so confident of providing the level of comfort that I was looking for that they fitted the rear setup and said they would remove it if after a test drive if I was unhappy. I had the test drive and the difference was noticeable straight away. They then fitted the front and another test drive followed. The difference was incredible.

The service I received was excellent and professional. CRS have a full workshop with hydraulic ramps and all necessary tools. The premises are clean and tidy with everything in its place. Communication all the way through has been first rate.

I have now been running the kit for four weeks and have covered over a thousand miles of all sorts of roads. For me the solution is perfect.

I will be back to CRS soon for some fine tuning and more guinea pig work. They are working with me to improve the stance (lower) whilst maintaining the comfort.

If anyone wants further information by all means send me a message. Other than as a customer I have no connection to CRS.

IMG_1995.JPG IMG_2001.JPG TimBath the kit you have is actually a full Coil over kit designed and engineered by H&R in Germany . ( Some Input from Ourselves to help eliminate the problems that some of our competitors are experiencing particularly on the rear springs ) . . The advantages are the full stainless steel KONI equipped front struts are damping adjustable !! this can be done with the strut mounted in the car . We use this feature to help control the extra unsprung weight of larger wheels mainly.
The design spec is 50 to 80 mm and at approx 70 mm they are amazingly comfortable . ( as Timbath's Car )
The new engineering work we are doing will allow an additional drop of 25mm more with out any adjustment on the coil over spring perch which means the comfort will remain as it is. ( the equivalent of the HUB mod on a T 30 or T 28 ) please note this new bracket is only for the T 32 models .

The first batch of these kits has arrived now and we will be running some promotions on them in due course . Further technical info is available on request . IMG_2001.JPG

Still swithering on these. So tempted.
If you need more advise or technical info call me . .
We are committed to these kits with huge orders placed so the factory can gear up . it will become the most popular T 6 height adjustable kit in my opinion because it has more features than the competition and the pricing is excellent . PM me for details

Hi Steve

Ohh, those H&R units look very nice and great quality. Do you have the 'new' lower brackets yet?
Is there enough adjustment left on the rears to get a matching drop to the front?
Can you ping me a message with pricing and dates for installing please?

TIA

Deaks

Hi Deaks . the first sets of hub mode extra low brackets are almost finished and we are testing a set in timbath s car soon , we will see how low we can get whilst maintaining a nice ride before we need to modify things on the rear stand by . Ill send you pricing asap

Hi folks, fitted a set of these last week and very impressed with them. So much happier with the bus now.
Now have the front raised a little to even out. Pretty much perfect so far even though I've not done many miles. Some photos during and after.

IMG_20200329_121148.jpg

IMG_20200329_135437.jpg

IMG_20200329_164532.jpg

Have put a few miles on these now and very impressed. If we weren't in Lockdown I would be taking pointless drives for fun.
Totally transformed the ride in my opinion.
Nice and flat in the corners and firm but comfortable. Feels like it's a car now and not a van.
Steve @CRS Performance was very approachable and knowledgeable and happy to answer all my mundane questions.
Happy customer here:thumbsup:
IMG_20200321_142910.jpg IMG_20200321_112458.jpg

IMG_20200320_141436.jpg

View attachment 61440 View attachment 61439 TimBath the kit you have is actually a full Coil over kit designed and engineered by H&R in Germany . ( Some Input from Ourselves to help eliminate the problems that some of our competitors are experiencing particularly on the rear springs ) . . The advantages are the full stainless steel KONI equipped front struts are damping adjustable !! this can be done with the strut mounted in the car . We use this feature to help control the extra unsprung weight of larger wheels mainly.
The design spec is 50 to 80 mm and at approx 70 mm they are amazingly comfortable . ( as Timbath's Car )
The new engineering work we are doing will allow an additional drop of 25mm more with out any adjustment on the coil over spring perch which means the comfort will remain as it is. ( the equivalent of the HUB mod on a T 30 or T 28 ) please note this new bracket is only for the T 32 models .

The first batch of these kits has arrived now and we will be running some promotions on them in due course . Further technical info is available on request . View attachment 61439
Hi Steve

Is this what we specced on mine in the end? (booked in for the 27th May)

Regs
chris

Back