Good to see you getting a mention in this months VWBUS magazine @CRS Performance Steve…. quality H&R Coilovers on this beast of a van….

View attachment 141309

View attachment 141311
Very ambitious project Alan is undertaking , the Van will run on Bio fuel . i think the target lap time for Nürburgring is 9.30 mins . I believe its pushing over 300 HP with a standard diesel block . Tyre choice and wheel alignment tweaks will be critical to the success in my humble opinion , But Alan is a determined guy and knows what he is doing
Ill buy the magazine and there will be more accurate info there i am sure .

Interesting week at CRS. 14 vans benefitted from The world class shocks from Koni. one Amarok fitted out for an old transporter client With Bilstein height adjustable lift suspension. .( no we didn’t supply it and wouldnt do this again in all honesty ). 10 hour job and lots of aches and pains. Anyone thinking of a similar kit needs to talk to uncle Steve before doing it .one interesting project was this super hot T32. With a demanding client who knew exactly what he wanted and who better to ask to do it ?..

81B23BE5-9584-461F-84A0-38F0844C39C7.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a custom kit based on the H and R kit we do a lot of. Not as low as you think. But client Loves the ride so that’s what matters. We do like to stick to known successful methods, instead of constantly re developing stuff .

It’s a custom kit based on the H and R kit we do a lot of. Not as low as you think. But client Loves the ride so that’s what matters. We do like to stick to known successful methods, instead of constantly re developing stuff .
I need to know more also.Is it one you will have in stock when I come down in a couple of weeks time?

Please remind me is your new van a T28 T30 or T 32.
after a 4 week delay in Germany. 10 sets arrived last Tuesday.

Seems like there's a lot of love for the Koni Special Actives. I would love to drop my car off and have Steve @CRS Performance fit them, but I'm in Australia.

Has anyone used the Koni Actives in a T6.1 SWB 4Motion "swamper" set up? If so, what springs would you recommend (with the Koni Actives) to keep the standard ride height? Also, would you fit ARB's or would this restrict the articulation too much?

Very ambitious project Alan is undertaking , the Van will run on Bio fuel . i think the target lap time for Nürburgring is 9.30 mins . I believe its pushing over 300 HP with a standard diesel block . Tyre choice and wheel alignment tweaks will be critical to the success in my humble opinion , But Alan is a determined guy and knows what he is doing
Ill buy the magazine and there will be more accurate info there i am sure .
I don’t suppose you have any info on how he got his diesel to 300bhp Steve @CRS Performance?

Very impressive van.

Seems like there's a lot of love for the Koni Special Actives. I would love to drop my car off and have Steve @CRS Performance fit them, but I'm in Australia.

Has anyone used the Koni Actives in a T6.1 SWB 4Motion "swamper" set up? If so, what springs would you recommend (with the Koni Actives) to keep the standard ride height? Also, would you fit ARB's or would this restrict the articulation too much?
The special actives for the Transporter should be available in Aus , call the importer Supaformance in Victoria and ask them to quote for them , Ill get the details if you struggle to talk to someone

Run swamper wheels but leave original springs for max comfort , if you lift the van us the special shock NOT the special active as rear travel might be an issue when the active valve kicks in and it could top out .

steve

@CRS Performance Hi Steve, I’m booked in with yourselves on Thursday. I think it’s Koni Sport Shocks and springs. My ride heights currently around 390mm (centre to arch). Would it be similar value with this set up?
If anyone has pics of the -60mm drop with this set up on 20’s that would be great. Cheers

Hi there The Koni sport shock isn’t really designed to be used at 70 mm drop to be honest , the Koni set up has made its name by providing great comfort and handling but at normal lowering standards. 40 to 50 mm. What is on the van at the moment to make it so low. .. ??? We do have other nice kits that can do the 70:mm drops , I’ll,discuss it with you when we see you !
cheers.

Back