Lashing Bolts? M10 but what length?

M4SK14

Purchased a second hand T6.1 and it was missing 4 bolts from the lashing rings in the rear; suspect it had a bed in at some point and they lost the bolts.
I purchased from M10 bolts 75mm it took the full length with ease...should i keep them at 75mm or cut them down? don't want them popping a hole into something under the van i should have. thanks Simon

My T6.0 has 6 lashing points - you could undo one of the 2 originals to check the length. They go into weld nuts underneath so no need to get under with a spanner (as you probably found fitting the replacement bolts)

Piece of stiff wire with a rt. angle hook on the end, stick it through the hole and bring it back so that it catches, hold the wire at the top of the hole, withdraw, you then have the length. Easy enough.

have mine out after the weekend insulating the floor and they are 35mm long. these are going through the Kombi foam floor in the round plastic insets too

have mine out after the weekend insulating the floor and they are 35mm long. these are going through the Kombi foam floor in the round plastic insets too
think i will cut them down I prefer the 17mm bolt rather than the spline socket as easier to take in and out/swap over for the fortywinks bed thanks

For full strength with a steel thread the diameter of the thread is required to engage. ie M8 needs a minimum of 8mm engagement.
Additional engagement allows for error by the spanner monkey

Back