Carista - Large MPH display

I thought that page was where you could set a speed limit warning.
Yes, that is to set an audible speed limit "warning". That's the basic cluster, which unbelievably, does not even show water temperature, yet shows outside ambient temp and mpg and whatnot!. First vehicle I have ever owned that does not have a water temperature gauge! What were VW thinking?!?! I don't think you can set this type of dash to read large MPH in Carista, as you need to select options in the MFD that are not there, not sure about needle sweep on startup, but I would doubt it.

Is there much difference between the 2 and do I need anything to go with it?
Sorry I’m new to this. 67plate caravelle

From Carista (hard to find the difference):

“The main difference between the Carista OBD adapter and the Carista EVO adapter lies in their capabilities and compatibility.

The Carista OBD adapter is compatible with ELM327 v1.4. It serves as a reliable tool for diagnostics and customization of supported car models.

On the other hand, the Carista EVO Adapter is designed to unlock the full potential of the Carista App. It provides several advancements, including a lightning-fast connection, superior Bluetooth connectivity, stable communication, and a robust design. The Carista EVO Adapter significantly broadens the capabilities of the Carista App by supporting an even greater range of car brands. This expanded compatibility is achieved by overcoming hardware limitations present in the Carista OBD Adapter.

In summary, while the Carista OBD adapter is suitable for standard diagnostics and customizations, the Carista EVO Adapter offers enhanced performance and compatibility, making it the preferred choice for users seeking a broader range of supported car brands and advanced features within the Carista App.”

In short, get the basic (OBD) one.

Back