Carista - Large MPH display

JonB

T6 Pro
Is it possible to change the small kph on mfd to mph but keep it in the smaller size like the kph is currently? I’ve read that you can have it Larger but I like to look at my consumption as well.

Is it possible to change the small kph on mfd to mph but keep it in the smaller size like the kph is currently? I’ve read that you can have it Larger but I like to look at my consumption as well.
Yes you can change the kph to mph. However you need VCDS/ Carista to do it, and it only displays it in the large format and not the little one as per current kph version.

If this is done in Carista, do you loose the small kph display when the large mph is enabled? We rely on the kph display when travelling in Europe.

Also, can a large kph be shown? And if so, can you toggle between the mph and kph easily?

Thanks!

If this is done in Carista, do you loose the small kph display when the large mph is enabled? We rely on the kph display when travelling in Europe.

Also, can a large kph be shown? And if so, can you toggle between the mph and kph easily?

Thanks!
Yes you do lose it, but it’s easy to switch back and forward from the MFD menu once set up ie you can put the km/h back for 2 weeks and then switch back on return without needing Carista or VCDS again. You can’t have the km/h large unfortunately

Thanks @andys. If I read this right, after changing with Carista, do you end up with an extra choice (large mph) in the MFD display options available from the steering wheel MFD menu buttons?

Thanks @andys. If I read this right, after changing with Carista, do you end up with an extra choice (large mph) in the MFD display options available from the steering wheel MFD menu buttons?
Not near the van at the mo but yes you tick or untick a box that says something like "alternative speed display" to toggle between km/h and large mph display

So I have changed all the settings on Carista but can’t seem to get the large MPH on.
Any ideas

Go into dash menu and untick ‘alt speed’ in the main menu then go in the sub menu called MFD data and tick the option for ‘digit speed’
You may also need to change the units back

Not coded correctly ??
Have you gone back in to make sure it saved

Found it, all done a bit disappointed you can’t get it into large KPH though but it will do.

I programmed this and now I don't have coming home lights on when locking and unlocking the van.

I programmed this and now I don't have coming home lights on when locking and unlocking the van.

Changing to the large MPH shouldn't alter the coming home lights. Go back through your Carista and make sure Coming home is still activated, and you haven't inadvertently changed the timings. I set mine to 1 min on unlock and the driveway option.

OK had a look earlier, I've now managed to get them working when I unlock but not lock.

I disabled and put it back to GB then back again ???? Now on Australia, big Digital MPH, all readings for mpg etc correct but it still won't have the lights on when I lock it !

I thought we decided that the lights only came on automatically when unlocking, on lock you have to flash the lights first?

I thought we decided that the lights only came on automatically when unlocking, on lock you have to flash the lights first?
Agreed - that’s what my Highline does.

@Loz is correct, if you meant it doesn't switch the lights on when you lock the van, it won't unless you blip the full beam first, which is normal.

Hmmm.....I'm sure mine stayed lit after locking for 15 seconds or so, anyway, no matter it's not really that important to me. I like the changes I've done more than not having lights stay on automatically.
Thanks guys

Back