Laptop Recommendation VCDS

No problem then. Either will do what you want.
Choice is slightly better processor and smaller storage or good processor and more storage. Screen size about the same.
:thumbsup:
Thanks, I've ruled the Asus (in the first link out) because it has windows 10 S

@Skyliner33 I use my Macbook Pro and just run Parallels to run a Windows 10 image with the VCDS software installed within in... Its really easy to setup and run.

I can help you if you don't know how..

@Skyliner33 I use my Macbook Pro and just run Parallels to run a Windows 10 image with the VCDS software installed within in... Its really easy to setup and run.

I can help you if you don't know how..

Thanks, I have no idea about this. Would I have to buy a copy of windows though?

I run vcds on a virtual windows 7 pc running on vmware fusion on my MacBook Pro.

Working perfectly.

:thumbsup:

Thanks, I have no idea about this. Would I have to buy a copy of windows though?

Yes but you can buy an old copy off eBay for not a lot of money (£5-50).

Parallels is about £40.

It’s really simple to do and doesn’t take too long.. If you install teamviewer on your Mac I’ll do it for you if you like.

I bought a used laptop in the end.

Any recommendations for free anti-virus? Thanks.

Avoid AVG... lol

Windows defender is fine for most users.

If you are a ret**d pay for something like Sophos or Kaspersky.

No Mac ever needed AV!

Has anybody got experience of using a Panasonic Toughbook CF-D1, Mk1 with Windows 10?
I bought a cheap, re-furbished one on Ebay with Windows 10 and drivers installed. The touch screen doesn’t appear to be calibrated correctly and after a couple of re-calibrations no improvement. Re-cal’ was done in Auto mode with the pen for best accuracy.
The vendor is now offering a Windows 7 installation but if there is a Windows 10 fix I’d like to do that as the Win 10 probably has a bit more longevity.
Any advice?

Thats a very old laptop...

I gave up using mine years ago...... (still have it though)

Windows XP was the best version to run IMHO.

Not sure how it will fair with Win10 and current VCDS.

Thats a very old laptop...

I gave up using mine years ago...... (still have it though)

Windows XP was the best version to run IMHO.

Not sure how it will fair with Win10 and current VCDS.

It’s going to be returned, the ebay vendor admitted there are issues with Windows 10 on this model. Classic case of if it’s too cheap.....
Bit of a shame as the Toughbook is almost immaculate, unusual as they’ve normal had a rough life.
The good news is Valence software is finally running on my Macbook without issues.

I ponced an old laptop from work to use in my garage. I too am Mac at home. I use if for BBC R6 and to plug into bike(s). Its still on win7 and works fine for just those tasks. Plus if it gets broke, no worries. The battery sucks and needs perm plugging in. I'd not thought about VCDS, which software is best for me to use? I acually have a vcds cable already from previous bikes.

I ponced an old laptop from work to use in my garage. I too am Mac at home. I use if for BBC R6 and to plug into bike(s). Its still on win7 and works fine for just those tasks. Plus if it gets broke, no worries. The battery sucks and needs perm plugging in. I'd not thought about VCDS, which software is best for me to use? I acually have a vcds cable already from previous bikes.
Out of interest, which bikes will vcds talk to?

Out of interest, which bikes will vcds talk to?
I may have accidently misled you. I have a vcds 'type' lead which i use JPDiag to chat to my 916. I also have an additional RapidBike Evo pro fuel module I chat to my Pani.

Back