Lane Assist - default to 'Off'?

Brom

T6 Pro
I am considering buying a Crafter with Lane Assist (I'm sure it will be the same system as with the T6.1). Having driven the van, it handles very nicely, but on normal roads (as opposed to motorways), I found the Lane Assist drove me mad. It was like having a small child incessantly tugging at the steering wheel! Thank you, but I'm driving this vehicle, not some autonous camera that doesn't understand the correct line through bends!

I understand that regulations require the default position for Lane Assist to be 'On', which means that every time the engine is powered up, you have to scroll through the menus to switch it off before driving away, which I find a PITA.

Is there any way this default position can be changed to 'Off', using VCDS/Carista? Or any other tricks to switch it off?

Many thanks.

I had lane assist on my Tiguan, turned it off after a couple of days, I found it really annoying.

I had lane assist on my Tiguan, turned it off after a couple of days, I found it really annoying.
How did you do it? I found you had to do it before every trip, manually. I was hoping to switch the default to 'Off'.

How did you do it? I found you had to do it before every trip, manually. I was hoping to switch the default to 'Off'.

I just went into the car’s menu and turned it off. Only had to do it once.

Lucky you could do that - the latest ones (and future ones) apparently all have the 'On' default.

Maybe there’s something that could be done with VCDS or equivalent.

Same on my T-Cross, wish I could turn the damn thing off. It is only 2 presses on the steering wheel buttons to turn it off but it is a pain having to do this every time you start her up.
Press bottom right hand button on left side of steering wheel then press OK in middle of right side buttons. Symbol on the left side button is apparently a car with ultrasonic sounds coming from it!

IMG_1534 (Copy).JPG

My Tiguan was a 2018, just went into driver aids menu and turned it off. Only had to do it once, not every time I drove it.

So, does anyone know whether it's possible to change the default settings by vcds or similar? It seems this maddening imposition will affect all new cars from 2022. Surely there must be a solution?

Can I 'bounce' this one?
I didn't buy the Crafter I was thinking about as OP, but it seems all cars now have the 'Lane Insist' function, and all are set up so that it has to be switched off every time the engine is started.
My question remains - is it possible, using VCDS, to manipulate the Lane Insist so that it remains switched off by default. Either permanently, or (ideally), so it can be switched on in the unlikely event of wanting to use it?

Back