Found L or XL hard tail mountain bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

F2JON

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone got a decent hard tail mountain bike for sale?? I’m not going mad but I’m going up to £600 as I’m just seeing if I can get back into it, living on Cannock chase I’m ideally positioned it’s just finding the time and energy. What have you got ???? Preferably local ish midlands willing to travel for the right bike.

I have a Boardman CX Pro Mtb which was a grand new in 2013 and was highly rated on release. Bought it a few years ago 2nd hand to try out as I'm more of a road biker. Couldn't get on with it.

Screenshot_20211230-183441_eBay.jpg

Probably the best places to look for second hand bikes are Singletrack World and Pinkbike. The general rule used to be that a used bike price was 50% of the current new price, less 10% per year. That may be a bit low now because new bikes are in such short supply. I suggest trying to get something around max 5 years old so it has modern geometry and kit, and make sure it has 650b/27.5” or 29” wheels as 26” is dead. Bikes are in big demand so even if you find you don’t get into it you want drop much reselling a second hand bike

Probably the best places to look for second hand bikes are Singletrack World and Pinkbike. The general rule used to be that a used bike price was 50% of the current new price, less 10% per year. That may be a bit low now because new bikes are in such short supply. I suggest trying to get something around max 5 years old so it has modern geometry and kit, and make sure it has 650b/27.5” or 29” wheels as 26” is dead. Bikes are in big demand so even if you find you don’t get into it you want drop much reselling a second hand bike
Brilliant thanks I’ll have a look

Brilliant thanks I’ll have a look
There's a decent (for the money) Cotic Solaris on singletrack at the minute and it's down your way.
Decent frame, right wheel size and even some Hope bits.
It's nothing to do with me BTW and I can't comment on condition as pics not great but it looks good value.

Screenshot_20211231-211055_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211231-211109_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211231-211034_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've got 2 Cotic Solaris's (1 version 2 and one V1 Solaris Max) - brilliant riding bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back