Koni shocks and H&R springs and ARBs

Gilps

Yesterday I bit the bullet and headed on up to CRS in Cannock. I've been unhappy with the height of my tow ball, just way too high when the van is empty and my twin axle trailer was riding with too much weight on its rear axle. Steve listened to my issues and came up with a solution. Steve and his team fitted new H&R anti roll bars, H&R lowering springs, and Koni shocks. My tow ball has come down 50mm whilst still retaining the ability for the van to carry a heavy load. So, mission accomplished I thought. Tow ball lowered, job done. Then I drove the van home. Oh my god. This thing now drives better than many cars I've had. It's such a smooth drive. Bumps and potholes are smoothed out. The wallowy van has gone. It just sits flat through the bends and roundabouts. I've just had to take it out for a run this afternoon for a hoon around. My van has gone from workhorse to an enjoyable fun drive. Steve at CRS has been a pleasure to deal with. His knowledge is evident and his team were thoroughly professional. If you've got suspension issues I would strongly recommend giving CRS a call.
20201003_154928.jpg

Couldn’t agree more fella.
Only problem is the mpg drops off the scale cos you just want to rag it, and it just laps it up!:p
I'll get bored of hoofing it before too long. It may even be more economical on b roads if I can maintain constant speed rather than being on and off the gas and brakes. It's getting a Pendle remap next month so I'll be back to caning it again.

Couldn’t agree more. I went up to Cannock this week as I was so disappointed in the handling of my van after conversion. I had HR lowering springs and Konis all round fitted. My van is a 204 T30 and it has been transformed. Much better control, dive and roll eliminated and feels much safer to drive. Thanks Steve and C R S.

Yesterday I bit the bullet and headed on up to CRS in Cannock. I've been unhappy with the height of my tow ball, just way too high when the van is empty and my twin axle trailer was riding with too much weight on its rear axle. Steve listened to my issues and came up with a solution. Steve and his team fitted new H&R anti roll bars, H&R lowering springs, and Koni shocks. My tow ball has come down 50mm whilst still retaining the ability for the van to carry a heavy load. So, mission accomplished I thought. Tow ball lowered, job done. Then I drove the van home. Oh my god. This thing now drives better than many cars I've had. It's such a smooth drive. Bumps and potholes are smoothed out. The wallowy van has gone. It just sits flat through the bends and roundabouts. I've just had to take it out for a run this afternoon for a hoon around. My van has gone from workhorse to an enjoyable fun drive. Steve at CRS has been a pleasure to deal with. His knowledge is evident and his team were thoroughly professional. If you've got suspension issues I would strongly recommend giving CRS a call.
View attachment 87202
What size wheels are those mate? Just fitted 255/55/18’s on my van yesterday. Looking for a wheel gap similar to yours if those are bfg. Are yours the special active red dampers or sports adjustable yellow please?

Couldn’t agree more. I went up to Cannock this week as I was so disappointed in the handling of my van after conversion. I had HR lowering springs and Konis all round fitted. My van is a 204 T30 and it has been transformed. Much better control, dive and roll eliminated and feels much safer to drive. Thanks Steve and C R S.
I've got the same van, had the same experience.

Steve @ CRS sorted my suspension with a 40mm drop standard front and heavy duty rear H&R springs, H&R arb’s and Koni comfort springs,
it is a brilliant solution to the ‘sitting on top of jelly‘ standard suspension.
proper bonus was last week I trailered a Lexus CT to Romford from the midlands, It was brilliant to the point I forgot it was on the back and had a scare when a Lexus was 2 feet off my bumper in the mirror. There was no tail waging, no bouncing around it was better than ever. Kind of looking forward to driving a fully load the camper, I’m guessing it will behave brilliantly.
well worth every penny handed over

Had the H&R lowering springs and the Koni adjustable coil overs fitted by Chris@thevancave
As you say completely transforms the drive. Not sure if I need to get the ARBs done or not.

Back