Always set the car for the Norm not the exceptional use . suffer the low back side when its loaded , but generally set it up for the day to day stuff . The new kit has had a complete remodel on the rear spring and shock set up and its simply great. ( Non of the coil bound rear springs like the B 14 suffers ) The rear shocks are pre set and cant be tampered with but more importantly the fronts can be easily adjusted to suit your ride requirements under the windscreen schuttle panel .

I leave the caravan more or less empty and put all the gear in the back of the can including a couple of bikes and sometimes a little motor scooter .

I leave the caravan more or less empty and put all the gear in the back of the can including a couple of bikes and sometimes a little motor scooter .

it’s strange going back to sprung as my last van was on air so no matter what the air suspension adjusted the height back to preset

Had Koni sport shocks fitted today by Steve from CRS performance. Steve really knows his stuff and his passion for getting it right is clear.
My van was already lowered 50mm on HR springs but back was slightly lower due to the conversion. He noticed that and tried a set of 40mm springs on the back. Looks nice and flat now.
The Koni sport shocks really improve the ride quality. Bumps are still there but I dont feel them anywhere like i was doing on the standard VW shocks. Loving the drive now, much smoother and the van feels more solid on the road.

Hi everyone,
Interesting thread :)
Does changing the stock VW dampers to Koni affect the warranty on a new van? And I guess the same for goes for the H&R springs too?
Thanks!

The fitting of springs alone will affect the Warranty of the standard shocks . BUT changing shocks and springs completely negates this as the new parts have a better warranty than the factory parts in most cases . Changing shocks and springs can not affect the warranty of any other parts when sensible drops like this are done .
Caution with very low kits however because drive shaft issues can be rejected on vans running very low .

The fitting of springs alone will affect the Warranty of the standard shocks . BUT changing shocks and springs completely negates this as the new parts have a better warranty than the factory parts in most cases . Changing shocks and springs can not affect the warranty of any other parts when sensible drops like this are done .
Caution with very low kits however because drive shaft issues can be rejected on vans running very low .
Thanks for your quick reply CRS. I appreciate it.
I'm considering something like this on my new T6.1 and it would be great to have a quick chat with you if you're free at some point this morning. If you're busy today then please let me know another suitable time. Many thanks.

I’m looking to add some much needed ride quality to my T28 camper. Bought it earlier this year, already lowered 30mm (springs have vw677 on them?) and I’m already fed up of weaving all over the road to avoid potholes and deeper manhole covers! Like others I’m guessing, I assumed the only route worth taking is paying good money for a set B14’s, I’m glad so see there’s a more cost effective alternative.

I’m mainly looking for comfort so think I’m set on getting KONI active or special active (anyone know the difference?) dampers fitted. It’s just a shame I live so far away from CRS performance, anyone know of someone who could supply and fit in the Kent area?

I put 50 mm Vogtland springs on my caravelle 2015 ! It was a real nice lowering just a little bit harsh ! Can i use this springs with the Koni's ? I live in Belgium ,Can i find the springs here or can you send them over ?At what price please ?

Polle

Hi there , The
I’m looking to add some much needed ride quality to my T28 camper. Bought it earlier this year, already lowered 30mm (springs have vw677 on them?) and I’m already fed up of weaving all over the road to avoid potholes and deeper manhole covers! Like others I’m guessing, I assumed the only route worth taking is paying good money for a set B14’s, I’m glad so see there’s a more cost effective alternative.

I’m mainly looking for comfort so think I’m set on getting KONI active or special active (anyone know the difference?) dampers fitted. It’s just a shame I live so far away from CRS performance, anyone know of someone who could supply and fit in the Kent area?
In all honesty any garage can fit them , we do provide a lot of info to help the installer and we pre adjust before shipping ( not the special active as they self adjust )
We can ship them to you . they will work fine with the springs you already have ! saves money and gives brilliant results . At 30 mm drop you can use the special active dampers and they are in a league of their own comfort wise ,

I put 50 mm Vogtland springs on my caravelle 2015 ! It was a real nice lowering just a little bit harsh ! Can i use this springs with the Koni's ? I live in Belgium ,Can i find the springs here or can you send them over ?At what price please ?

Polle
The KONI shocks will be great with the 50 mm Vogtland springs .I don't think the shipping to Belguim is a lot about 30 quid ? happy to send a set to you

Steve @CRS Performance shipped some shocks to me in Italy no problem. I'm not a mechanic but fitted them myself which was a bit of a grizz but doable. Any mechanic worth their salt should be able to do so easily!

Hi there , The

In all honesty any garage can fit them , we do provide a lot of info to help the installer and we pre adjust before shipping ( not the special active as they self adjust )
We can ship them to you . they will work fine with the springs you already have ! saves money and gives brilliant results . At 30 mm drop you can use the special active dampers and they are in a league of their own comfort wise ,

Sounds good, how much would a set of special active shocks cost delivered?

Just out of interest, would this set up allow for a 40mm drop without sacrificing comfort?

Cheers Ben

Back