Did you fit the ARB's together with the PowerFlex bushes or separately ? .... as in, are you able to comment on any differences those bushes alone made to your ride??
Yes I had them fitted together. In terms of powerflex bushes it does feel better but only because the originals were worn out.. I guess time will tell how and if their good.

A big thanks to @CRS Performance and @BiTurbo for the fitting of the Koni shocks yesterday. Got to say the journey back to West Yorkshire was a lot more comfortable than the trip down. And a lot cheaper since we avoided the M6 toll road ! Great to meet you guys and thanks for the hospitality. Would recommend to anyone thinking of going down this route.

Oh and almost forgot, thanks for spotting we only had 4 wheel bolts on the front left not the recommended 5 !!! Needless to say VW Wakefield will not be getting away with this since it was serviced there only 2 weeks ago and they never mentioned it

Oh and almost forgot, thanks for spotting we only had 4 wheel bolts on the front left not the recommended 5 !!! Needless to say VW Wakefield will not be getting away with this since it was serviced there only 2 weeks ago and they never mentioned it

Its sad that the missing bolt is the Lock nut because now you need to get 4 not one ?? good luck with it anyway . The wheel bold threads in the hub were a bit iffy as well but cleaned them out with a tap so all should be well . i took a bolt from the rear D S wheel to fit in front dont forget ! . Also the Mag wheels didnt have spigot rings in them so it might be worth buying a set ( 4 ) off E bay they are only £6 quid or so , I did put some in the front wheels but they weren't spot on fit ( but better than None )

@CRS Performance

I have a T28 with a camper conversion currently running -30mm sport line springs on standard shocks and 19s.

I love the stance of this setup but the ride could do with some improvement so would you think fitting the koni shocks with my existing springs give the comfort improvements discussed above and justify the expense?

@CRS Performance

I have a T28 with a camper conversion currently running -30mm sport line springs on standard shocks and 19s.

I love the stance of this setup but the ride could do with some improvement so would you think fitting the koni shocks with my existing springs give the comfort improvements discussed above and justify the expense?

Yes this is a common problem that stems from the fact that the standard VW shocks are not great . I did a van the other day which was driven here fromt the showroom literally 50 miles on the clock . Client could not believe the improvement even on NEW shocks .
Best money you will spend and ill back that statement with a full refund of the shock price if you are not blown away with the results .
Steve

Curious to know if the Eibach comfort springs would work well with the Koni dampers and improve ride quality more. Or are the Eibach springs money unnecessarily spent as opposed to the H &R ones??

Hi Steve
When would you be able to book me in for a shocks upgrade then please?

Hi there , do you already have the Eibach springs on board ?? they work fine as 362 BKR confirmed .

Next week is looking well Tuesday to Friday I have gaps .

Tbh I’m not sure which springs they are, the converter fitted them but did say they only fit the standard VW sport line springs.

Tbh I’m not sure which springs they are, the converter fitted them but did say they only fit the standard VW sport line springs.
OK don't worry , we will sort it out . The springs really aren't that important ( there I go starting another argument with the spring only fans ha ha )

This is exactly the set up I have on my van and am very pleased with it .

@362bkr When you say the exact setup you have were you referring to the previous message from thegee6 relating to the "comfort" springs?

Hi there , do you already have the Eibach springs on board ?? they work fine as 362 BKR confirmed .

Next week is looking well Tuesday to Friday I have gaps .

I think 362 BKR was referring to the Eibach Comfort springs, surely these can't be the same as I have (30mm Sportline "type"). If they are then they must be the worst named product since things went bad for a certain mexican beer! ;)

From a Shock perspective it doesn't matter we can adjust them to suit both ( if they are different ) comfort name is silly for springs really don't understand that statement at all springs hold the weight of the van, and they don't have much to do with performance and comfort .

Can I also ask what effect, if any the Koni/H&R set up has on loading? As I load up with camping gear and stick a twin axle on the back of mine. So it’s not gonna suffer from a saggy bottom is it?

Back