So on Friday I drove from Plymouth to Cannock to have these Koni Active dampers fitted to my T6 by Steve at CRS. After 7 years and four transporters I feel I have found the most comfortable drive available in my opinion (apart from air maybe). I have test driven most other options and as I use my van as a daily driver comfort was my top priority although the van handles very nicely as well . If any members locally want a ride in it just give us a shout.

They're a good combo choice, recommended to me by @BiTurbo. A total transformation all round and such a smoother ride over contrasting surfaces.
The steering response is crisper, so composed in corners and appears less roll.
A joy to drive these days :)

The ARB’s are a massive improvement over stock. Apart from reducing body roll, they lighten the steering whilst adding more feel, and reduce understeer. The Van will feel a lot more car like with the updated ARB’s. We run two vans, both on B14s, one with ARB’s and one without, so you can feel the difference for yourself.

Not tried the Konis myself, but and meeting up with CRS in the near future to give them a go

Thanks for the input Oli @BognorMotors. I was going to do the suspension first then put ARBs on the maybe pile for later. It is useful to get feedback on each of the different options.

The anti roll bars are nice to do but shouldn't be the first thing you do . The anti roll bar effectively increases Spring rate in corners only , the relationship of the spring rate and shock is critical to a good performance so higher spring rates need stronger shocks . There for fit A R B once you have a shock capable of controlling it ,

Many clients find the improved roll control offered by sport shocks makes the A R B price a tough pill to swallow , as good as they are .

Also remember Sport shocks offer greater control over pitch as well as Roll so as A R B 's cant help pitch sport shocks are always the best place to start .

If we are fitting them its £ 150.00 for the T 30 and £100.00 for the T 32 .

Last edited:
T32 will be cheaper as the front shocks are different and easier to remove/replace.

Do the active dampers work with a 50mm drop?

@CRS Performance Hi There. Just researching on whats my next upgrade in terms of suspension. Got a T6 T28 PV which I use for work and recently I had the H&R Arbs fitted and power flex front rear bushes.

Are the Koni shocks and H&R springs suited for my setup ? I'm considering 21" wheels and bigger brake kit in the future though..

Many thanks

@CRS Performance Hi There. Just researching on whats my next upgrade in terms of suspension. Got a T6 T28 PV which I use for work and recently I had the H&R Arbs fitted and power flex front rear bushes.

Are the Koni shocks and H&R springs suited for my setup ? I'm considering 21" wheels and bigger brake kit in the future though..

Many thanks
Hi Stefan I have an ideal solution for you but would like to discuss it with you . please send me a telephone number

Back