Kombi's and caravan sites

Rob

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Every October half term we venture down Cornwall to same holiday park and stay in a stunning static caravan over looking the sea (we used to go in the summer, but it always bloody rained so now that's reserve that time for a hotter climates) but this year the kids are hounding me for us to go in the van because with 3 of them they get loads more room and we can take the bikes and surf boards so initially all good, that was until I just read the booking terms and conditions which clearly states no vans are allowed.

So the question have any of you come up against any real issues when doing something similar please?

I have had this issue in the past, but to be honest it's never been a problem.

Call the campsite and ask before hand, and explain that you own a Vw kombi, not a sign written pykie looking transit.

When I had my T5, I told them that I owned a £20k Vw window van, and they have always understood and welcomed us!

Where abouts in Cornwall are you off to??

I think it would be fine, been to a couple in ours and nobodys ever said anything, I'm not one for reading T&Cs though

We are going to Mother Iveys Bay at Padstow and to be honest it's a stunning site hence reason for returning year after year.

I would normally have given it another thought but unfortunately the van will be sign written although tastefully it's sign written none the less.

I have kind of mentioned it to the kids to pre warn them and anyone would have thought that I just told them Santa wasn't real but on the positive it means they clearly love the transporters as much as me.

Go somewhere else, snobby ******ers. I've been working at The Warren, Abersoch, a really posh caravan park, sorry I mean holiday park, most chalets have a Porsche and speed boat parked outside, but I noticed a white caddy today. £600,000 for a caravan with a beach view!!!!!!

Go somewhere else, snobby ******ers. I've been working at The Warren, Abersoch, a really posh caravan park, sorry I mean holiday park, most chalets have a Porsche and speed boat parked outside, but I noticed a white caddy today. £600,000
We are going to Mother Iveys Bay at Padstow and to be honest it's a stunning site hence reason for returning year after year.

I would normally have given it another thought but unfortunately the van will be sign written although tastefully it's sign written none the less.

I have kind of mentioned it to the kids to pre warn them and anyone would have thought that I just told them Santa wasn't real but on the positive it means they clearly love the transporters as much as me.[/Q

Thanks @Polzeylad. We booked and paid 50% deposit last year so committed and we really like it there but just hoping I can take the van as life would be so much easier.

That said next October we are having a change and going to stay in Cottage in St Ives which then creates another problem but of finding somewhere to park.

We normally stay at Carnevas, near Constantine Bay, they love vans there. Google the website, lovely site , good shower /toilet facilities and there is always 4/5 transporters on site

Reactions: Rob
I was going to ask the same question as my T5 was fully converted. I am only putting a bed in my Kombi and did wonder if I will get any probs. I have an awning etc to cook in with this one that will attaché to the van so hopefully I won't get any issues.

Go somewhere else, snobby ******ers. I've been working at The Warren, Abersoch, a really posh caravan park, sorry I mean holiday park, most chalets have a Porsche and speed boat parked outside, but I noticed a white caddy today. £600,000 for a caravan with a beach view!!!!!!
There is some money in abersoch you wouldn't think it. It's only a tiny village, is abersoch land and sea boat suppliers still there

we're going to have a small logo on our van.

I'm thinking maybe I could get something magnetic I could put over it if needed!

Jesus I hope its not an issue as I go camping alot and my van is about to be wrapped bright pink lmao

LOLOLOLOL

I can imagine you'd have to keep some big sheets to go round the van!

Ours will be wrapped with company colours but only a smallish logo. Mainly because we want the van to be OURS not just my companies.

My company is paying so they have me by the balls in regards to the colour, however I will have a say in the design and in truth I think Pink/white with Black wheels could actually look quite good.

The fact is i'm just fortunate to be getting a van for less than a monthly gym membership ha

Back