Not good! Where in Cornwall are you? We are in Probus. Certainly Carrs at Fraddon are aware of the issues by now. It is certainly a warranty issue.

Not good! Where in Cornwall are you? We are in Probus. Certainly Carrs at Fraddon are aware of the issues by now. It is certainly a warranty issue.
I am over near Falmouth, I only noticed it yesterday... Carrs are the dealer I will go over to.. trying my best to like this van.

They will want to video the window leaking...they are aware of the issues as when I went, they booked it in for a replacement under warranty before they had even inspected it! We had an issue with access because of the kitchen conversion, but had a new window within 3 days!

Do contact VW customer services direct also, they will pay for any damage and/or inconvenience/ goodwill payment.

Is yours a straight combi or conversion?

They will want to video the window leaking...they are aware of the issues as when I went, they booked it in for a replacement under warranty before they had even inspected it! We had an issue with access because of the kitchen conversion, but had a new window within 3 days!

Do contact VW customer services direct also, they will pay for any damage and/or inconvenience/ goodwill payment.

Is yours a straight combi or conversion?

it's a combi but it's fully carpet lined and its soaked.. thanks for the info..

Hi,
Just came across your post.
Did the dealer manage to fix and stop the problem from coming back?

I have had the same on going problem for 2 plus years.
It has been in the 10 plus time and is still leaking now

DSB, if you are referring to mine, no of the three T5s that I have had the problem was never fixed. The current T6 does not leak on the sliding door side and as far as I have seen (kitchen furniture in the way) the right side doesn't leak either but I do need to lift the sink/hob to have a better look.
When the dealers had their viewing of the T6 before its launch I know that one of the lads from my local van centre asked if the problem was solved and was told that it was still on-going.

Rod

PS the Beetle leaks worse but it is 71 years old so I guess the warranty is out!

Reactions: DSB
I had a replacement fitted by the same dealership I bought from. I don’t open this window.

Hi,
Just came across your post.
Did the dealer manage to fix and stop the problem from coming back?

I have had the same on going problem for 2 plus years.
It has been in the 10 plus time and is still leaking now
That's just like mine was. I booked it in with my local main dealer who did a water test and they then ordered two new windows. Booked in again a few days later and had them both changed and collected the same day. That was about 5 weeks ago and so far so good. No sign of any water. Good luck with yours, but I expect the only way is to have replacements.

At the moment its parked at the dealers. VW are refusing to any more work under warranty unless its a new non opening window replacement. I'm not having that as I want opening windows as that is what I purchased.

Its had several krytox treatments.
The originally windows taken out and then re fitted.
Then new inner slide windows.

Its never had a new complete window, and that's what I think it needs.

Thanks for the posts, much appreciated

That's just like mine was. I booked it in with my local main dealer who did a water test and they then ordered two new windows. Booked in again a few days later and had them both changed and collected the same day. That was about 5 weeks ago and so far so good. No sign of any water. Good luck with yours, but I expect the only way is to have replacements.

Did they fit 2 complete new windows straight away?

I had two complete Windows fitted in mine in December .and they re did my limo tint .

Mine's going in tomorrow....did any of you guys get charged for the use of a courtesy van?

No they don't charge you, the game with a courtesy is to see how low you can get the fuel gauge before returning it :thumbsup:

trust me Pauly.....it'll be running on fumes! I've been known to replace the fuel I've used in a courtesy car in the past.....not this time!

This issue makes me really angry, the mix of responses from different dealers from amazing to downright criminal! VW know there are documented issue with the sliding windows which effects about 2 in 10 window units:

1. The small drain holes in the slider groove just not man enough (just a poor design) and then, 2. the lower slider rain becoming adrift from the glass (failure in the bonding material) which then allows water to bypass the drain holes along the bottom edge of the glass/lower rail.

VW customer services in my experience have been great as they realise they need to protect their brand. Dealers however are there to make money and minimise liability.

And breathe..............

Ps mine went in for its first service today. 21000 oil and filters, recall on the auxiliary belt tensioner and return roller. Valet and a local van all day. Under the prepay plan, £0.00........

This issue makes me really angry, the mix of responses from different dealers from amazing to downright criminal! VW know there are documented issue with the sliding windows which effects about 2 in 10 window units:

1. The small drain holes in the slider groove just not man enough (just a poor design) and then, 2. the lower slider rain becoming adrift from the glass (failure in the bonding material) which then allows water to bypass the drain holes along the bottom edge of the glass/lower rail.

VW customer services in my experience have been great as they realise they need to protect their brand. Dealers however are there to make money and minimise liability.

And breathe..............

Ps mine went in for its first service today. 21000 oil and filters, recall on the auxiliary belt tensioner and return roller. Valet and a local van all day. Under the prepay plan, £0.00........
That's a point.....I wonder will they charge me for a courtesy vehicle when it goes in for a service?

That's a point.....I wonder will they charge me for a courtesy vehicle when it goes in for a service?
I have never paid for courtesy van from vw ,as long as you book one three months in advance .
Only ever got charged a fiver for the loan car insurance ,I think that was ford

well....took it in. windows are to be replaced when the body shop has a slot. Got a call to say come collect it......10 minutes later, got another call.....don't come collect it cos the master tech wants to have a look at it???? Hmmmmm, wonder what that's about?????

oh yeh, and I was asked to replace any fuel I use (plus the insurance charge). Bit naughty really seeing as it's only back there because VW don't know how to make windows that don't leak!

Back