1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi window leak

Discussion in 'Vehicle Faults Warranty Repairs Issues & Problems' started by Pauly, 13 Oct 2016.

1. rod_vw

rod_vw Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Take the lower slide cover off (the part below the slide) and have a look at the plastic parts of the drain channels. There are two drain outlets that 'should' run any water that gets into the slide channel to the outside of the van. Often the upper and lower parts are not correctly joined!

This is one of the dubious pleasures of owning a T5 or T6, VW have known about the fault since 2003 but not fixed it yet. I've had three T5s and they have all leaked and not been fixed by anything that the dealers have been able to do.

Rod

HHO likes this.
  2. HHO

HHO Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
  3. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

That was about the only issue my T5.1 Cali didn't have!

4. HHO

Map
    Did you keep the windows by any chance ?

5. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

I should have done!
    T6 Cali windows seem okay too; possibly the double glazing helps?

6. Buggirl

Buggirl Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I have noticed the same now on my sliding door window. This too is one that opens but it appears to be coming from the bottom and nothing to do with the opening bit. I am going to do what I did with my old SC splitty and put some clear sealer round!

7. HHO

Map
    Leak update:
    I've cleaned all window channels and seals, followed by applying a very thin application of silicone grease to the seals. Two days of rain later and a water test with the pressure washer - bone dry inside. I suspect preventative maintenance rather than a cure for this one.

Pauly, DaveyB and StudleyGlass like this.
  8. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Agreed